Device avoids toll roads all the time?

I used my TomTom One to get from my house in central/north NJ to Wildwood beach. When I set the destination it said there were toll roads and asked if I wanted to avoid them... I said "no"... but the device avoided all toll roads anyway. Coming back home the same thing happened... I restored the device to its factory defaults hoping that would help but it didn't. I even set the option to never avoid toll roads but it continues to avoid them anyway... does anyone know why this might happen? Has this happened to anyone else? Thank you.

That's strange because I plugged in an address that I needed to take a toll road to get to and it didn't even ask if I wanted to go that way. It just did that route no problem.

I would think TomTom would only use toll roads if it saw it as part of the fastest route to your destination. If it didn't then it might avoid it. Was this the case?

I would think TomTom would only use toll roads if it saw it as part of the fastest route to your destination. If it didn't then it might avoid it. Was this the case?

Pedro has a point. It also may ask if you want to use toll roads in case it may need to make a route recalculation because of a missed turn etc. i have never had this problem w/ my 510.

A feature I'd like to see is a listing of where the tolls are and how much.

I just did a trip from Northern VA to Oxford, Ohio. We have one toll road near us and I try to avoid it because it is very expensive. When planning the trip I opted for avoiding tolls. It turns out that there was another toll road in Pennsylvania and to avoid that 75 cent toll we had to drive quite a bit out of the way. Had I known the tradeoff, I would have accepted the toll route in PA and avoided the expensive toll in VA.

This is interesting because you'll find a thread with me complaining of the same problem and I live in the same state. I have it set to use the fastest route and never avoid toll roads. It avoids all highways consistently.

Ask a Question