Deleting a Tom Tom Category such as museums etcs.

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One LE
I wanted to find out if there is a way to delete POI categories that TOM TOM has put into its software. Such as the Company, Museums, border crossings etc. I tried deleting a poi category via the menu in my TOMTOM one LE but it only brings up poi's that I have added to tom tom and not the ones tom tom has already provided. Reason for this is sometime I get double locations for pois and if I delete the ones tomtom has I can reduce the doubles, since tomtom doesnt update the pois it provides, and the pois that members provide are far more updated than tomtoms. Thanks for your help in advance... Thanks :)

I wanted to find out if there is a way to delete POI categories that TOM TOM has put into its software. Such as the Company, Museums, border crossings etc. I tried deleting a poi category via the menu in my TOMTOM one LE but it only brings up poi's that I have added to tom tom and not the ones tom tom has already provided. Reason for this is sometime I get double locations for pois and if I delete the ones tomtom has I can reduce the doubles, since tomtom doesnt update the pois it provides, and the pois that members provide are far more updated than tomtoms. Thanks for your help in advance... Thanks :)

Just set the device not to show the categories you don't wan't to see. As you've found out, you can't actually remove the built in poi's.

Just set the device not to show the categories you don't wan't to see. As you've found out, you can't actually remove the built in poi's.

Can't you go into Map Correction and delete specific POI's there (not categories). Of course, you probably want to make sure you don't share those kind of corrections.

Rick

Ask a Question