Deal of the Year!!

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
So I went into CC today just to see if they had any BF leftovers. The rep was just pulling down the display 910, and asked it I'd be interested in an open box 910. I said sure if the price is right. The price was better then right. I got it with all that came in the box for 149.00!!!! I just about jumped out of my pants when he said 149. I guess I'll be selling my one. It came with 660 maps which as first glance are much more accurate. I wonder how much of that is NA vs. US and Canada. I think I'll get the NA 7.10 maps and see.

Does anyone know if I have to remove the 660 maps if I buy the 7.10 maps?

Thanks!!!

You're one lucky guy. That's one thing nice about the US. Here in Switzerland, you'll most probably get 5 to max 10% off for an open box or returned item.

You'll have to upgrade the OS to V7 in order to be able to use v7 maps. But before you do the upgrade make sure you make a backup not only using TT home but a copy of the hard disk using windows explorer. Check out this Sticky thread https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=1661.

You don't need to delete the 660 map when upgrading to the v7 map. I never delete the previous map until I have proven and tested it, just in case the new map can't find a certain address. That's the big advantage of a 910 - its big hard disk.

Have fun with your new 910.

my 910 was a display device too, but you got my price beat. Can you use the current $100 back offer from tom and end up getting it for $50?? that would be pretty awesome.

Does anyone know if I have to remove the 660 maps if I buy the 7.10 maps?

Thanks!!!
Wow that is a good price. I paid 5 times that amount.
No you don't have to delete the map. the 910 has a 20 Gig hard drive. I have both NA 650 and NA 665 map installed in my 910. That doesn't include the guam and Europe map. The 910 can take more maps than that :)

More good news. It seems I have the old and busted windshield mount so I called TT and they are sending me a new one. They also upgraded me to 7.10 NA maps for free!!! What a deal!!!

More good news. It seems I have the old and busted windshield mount so I called TT and they are sending me a new one. They also upgraded me to 7.10 NA maps for free!!! What a deal!!!

That is a great deal. TomTom has be doing really well by its customers lately. Technically, you did just by the GO910 new from a store, so you should get the latest map update for free.

Congrats on a great deal and very nice GPS!

Ask a Question