Data settings

TomTom Model(s)
930t
I'm trying to set up my Go930 and Blackberry 9700 to recieve the Tom Tom services, after searching I am still scratching my head as to what settings to enter.

I am on Vodafone uk contract, the Blackberry 9700 is listed on the Tom Tom website as compatable but doesn't appear on the 930 set up screens, so have to select the manual option can anyone point me in the right direction as to what settings to enter.

Thanks in advance
Mick

Not familiar with the policies of your carrier, but the first step when trying to do this anywhere, with any phone, is to assure that your carrier (Vodaphone, in this case) even offers "tethered" or "DUN / Dialup Networking" data services. They may not be offered at all, or they may be offered only at an extra cost.

Once you're certain that you have a plan that permits use of your phone as a "cell modem", then you can deal with banging your head against the wall sorting the requisite dialing code and access keys. No point in going through the hassle if it's a non-starter.

Not familiar with the policies of your carrier, but the first step when trying to do this anywhere, with any phone, is to assure that your carrier (Vodaphone, in this case) even offers "tethered" or "DUN / Dialup Networking" data services. They may not be offered at all, or they may be offered only at an extra cost.

Once you're certain that you have a plan that permits use of your phone as a "cell modem", then you can deal with banging your head against the wall sorting the requisite dialing code and access keys. No point in going through the hassle if it's a non-starter.

Phone can be used as modem.

Good deal. Not many plans allow for that these days - unfortunately. Let's hope someone with a tethered Vodaphone account pops up here for you with the right login and dialing strings.

Ask a Question