Custom DB vs MapShare POIs

TomTom Model(s)
One XL S
A little clarification help please...I finally got my arms around the fact that there are essentially 2 POI databases. 1) Custom POI database pre-loaded on my device / Custom POIs I download from the this forum; 2) Other POIs which are updated via MapShare.

Class 1 POIs (above): I only seem to be able to edit via the "Change Preferences" menu; Class 2 are edited via "Map Corrections" menu.

I'm pretty comfortable with editing via Map Corrections and picking up MapShare updates. For the Class 1 POIs...If I find a misplaced or misnamed item, it seems like all I can do is delete it and add it back in correctly. Are these types of updates shared with TomTom / MapShare...or do these stay local to my device?

A little clarification help please...I finally got my arms around the fact that there are essentially 2 POI databases. 1) Custom POI database pre-loaded on my device / Custom POIs I download from the this forum; 2) Other POIs which are updated via MapShare.

Class 1 POIs (above): I only seem to be able to edit via the "Change Preferences" menu; Class 2 are edited via "Map Corrections" menu.

I'm pretty comfortable with editing via Map Corrections and picking up MapShare updates. For the Class 1 POIs...If I find a misplaced or misnamed item, it seems like all I can do is delete it and add it back in correctly. Are these types of updates shared with TomTom / MapShare...or do these stay local to my device?
Everything that you do with Mapshare is sent to TomTom when you connect using HOME, hence the term Map SHARE... Some corrections show up on your device as soon as you make the correction, and others do not.

Not what I was asking.

Are edits I make under Change Preferences / Manage POIs shared or do they stay local. After making edits there, I never see evidence that these changes are uploaded when I connect to HOME.

Changes I make under Map Corrections are updated / shared when I connect to HOME.

Not what I was asking.

Are edits I make under Change Preferences / Manage POIs shared or do they stay local. After making edits there, I never see evidence that these changes are uploaded when I connect to HOME.

Changes I make under Map Corrections are updated / shared when I connect to HOME.

Oh, OK, my bad :eek: Those changes stay local to you.

Thanks...that's what I thought, but was wondering if I just didn't have things set right.

Ask a Question