Coordinate Data Realtime in Navcore 9.XXX???

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740, GO 1535, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, GO Discover, TomTom Bridge
I had not previously spent any time reinvestigating changes between Navcore 8.351 and Navcore 9.XXX after updating the firmware, but was goofing around on the satellite screen today, and was shocked (pleasantly) to see that my 740 with Navcore 9.054 has suddenly started reporting REAL coordinates on that page instead of "road snapped" coordinates. Only the map view is road snapped.

I do not believe that we have received real coordinate data on the satellite page since back in Navcore 6 versions? I had recommended this change way back in Navcore 7, but when 8 came out with the same bogus road-snapped coordinates, I'd given up seeing real ones again.

This has very positive implications for those attempting to use these units for geocaching, etc, and potentially for those using programs like Off Road Navigator.

Can anyone else with non-GO models running a new 9.XXX version of Navcore please chime in? What I need you to do is to locate yourself on a street that runs either due N/S or due E/W, go to the satellite screen view on your unit (I believe you'll find this under the "Status and Information" / "GPS Status" page on any 9.XXX equipped unit), wait a moment until the coordinate data "settles", and then walk diagonally away from the road about 50 feet. As you walk, do both the N/S and E/W coordinates update, or only one of them? Turn around and repeat back to your starting point.

Last edited:

Ask a Question