Cleaning up and gaining space.

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
When looking at the contents of the TT on my computer, in Windows Explorer (L:\) I've got a lot of folders that are empty, (demo, logging, SDKRegistry, and MP3 and others if I remember correctly) and/or have stuff that I've added over time (it's all still there even after a "reset factory settings"). I'd like to clean up whatever I don't actually need. Can one just delete empty folders, or will that cause problems? And, if I were to delete something that was actually needed, when next I hookup to TTH and it searches for updates, would it repair what I might have deleted?

Also, when in TTH (I'm not at the computer with TTH on it, right now) and using the "backup and restore" tool, does it give you the option of using an Explorer backup, or just the TTH backup? If it does not give you the option of using Explorer, how does one use it to restore the TT?

To reclaim hard drive space, can I go to my L:\ drive and just delete the folder "audiobooks", or should I delete the book files themselves, or do neither, and go into TTH and remove them from there, if that's an option?

Ask a Question