Changing Itinerary??

TomTom Model(s)
One XL-s
I'm using a TT One XLT. As an experiment, I built an itinerary from a remote site to home - over a route I was familiar with - and loaded it on the TT. About half way thru the rip, I deviated from the itinerary - skipped a right turn as indicated, made the turn about a mile later, and rejoined the original itinerary about two miles further on. From that point on, all the way to the front door of my home, the TT kept trying to get me to make a U-turn and go back to the missed turn. Apparently, the TT will not recalculate the route if it is using a loaded itinerary.

Has anyone else run into this problem?? And does anyone have a fix for it??

I hesitate to use the itinerary feature in areas that I'm not familiar with - in case I decide to make a side trip or run into a detour - after which the itinerary would be useless for the rest of the trip.

Help, help, help!

:confused:

Last edited:
What the TT did to/for you was correct. When you build an itinerary, the TT assumes that you have a need to visit each of the waypoints that you have included in your itinerary. While an itinerary can be useful for "forcing" a route to occur that you prefer over whatever routing the TT would use to get you somewhere, it's not really why the itinerary function exists.

To resolve this problem, you can go back to the Itinerary function, and looking at your current itinerary list, delete the location or locations that you "missed". That will cause the TT to move to the next location on your list.

I cant recall for certain, but I think you can also mark the "missed" location as "visited" as well prior to arrival to that particular waypoint.

Cheers!

Ask a Question