Car Speed no longer shown

TomTom Model(s)
go live 820
On my Go Live 820, i don't seem to be able to display my cars speed on the bottom left hand side of the screen.

All it seems to display is the speed limit of the road i'm on.

I recently upgraded to the 'mandatory' software, not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Any idea how i can get this back as it's often handy to see car speed compared to road speed, especially when approaching a speed camera etc...

Thanks in advance,

Ian B

Show current speed is NOT a choice on the Status bar?

it used to be there - usually split with the legal limit for the road...

really wish i could figure out why / where this option has gone !!

ian b

Erm, it's no longer in the Status bar options (ANOTHER STUPID TOMTOM DECISION)... but only because now your speed is permanently selected to show (at least on all my NAV3 TomTom models)

Maybe it's possible that on an 825 if you have all the other items that ARE still there in the status bar options switched on, then it might not have enough room to show the speed, but I just tried it on a GO1015 and it's always there even with everything else selected too. Try deselecting everything else in those status bar settings.

I assume you've already tried 1. a reboot (~20 second press on the power switch until you hear the drums) and if that doesn't help, 2. a return to factory settings (in the settings menu)?
(Make sure you have your Favourites and stuff backed up before doing #2)

Ask a Question