Carminat Speed Cameras

TomTom Model(s)
Carminat TomTom Live
I am having problems whereby some speed camera warnings, mainly average speed areas, are showing the number 43, instead of the actual speed limit. This is really annoying as it keeps warning that I am exceeding the speed limit, when I am not.

Interesting.... TomTom have had that issue in the past on several versions of software, but I've not heard of it on the Carminat before. It was usually down to some foul-up on the internal conversion from km/h to mph.

As there is no way to interrogate the camera data you receive (other than driving the routes) I think that's one you'll have to take up with TomTom themselves. UK customer service number is 0845 161 0009 Monday - Friday: 9am-6.30pm.

I contacted TomTom and received this reply.
"I cannot offer you an immediate suitable solution for this challenge. I have checked with our 2nd Line Technical Team and they are aware of the issue and our Software Team are currently working on a resolution."
If you look at the TomTom Forum at
http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/Built-in-car-navigation/bd-p/built-in-car-navigation
you will see numerous discussions on this going back a year. TomTom are definately not responding in a timely fashon.

Ask a Question