Car charger dies after 2 years??? One 3rd Ed.

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
Anyone else have a car charger fail? Have it fail within 2 years? How long is the warranty on the charger? Dang thing failed on the way home from a 12 hour trip and Tom ran out of memory
Can they be fixed/opened manually?

I suppose the charger's warranty is as long as the unit's .... one year.

Your unit ran out of power, not memory.

I would think your local Best Buy or similar sells replacement chargers.........

But before you consider that, are you sure the connections remained solid at both ends during the trip?

Charge your unit overnight with the usb connection. Tomorrow, connect the car charger to the unit again and see if the green light goes on.

I suppose the charger's warranty is as long as the unit's .... one year.

Your unit ran out of power, not memory.

I would think your local Best Buy or similar sells replacement chargers.........

But before you consider that, are you sure the connections remained solid at both ends during the trip?

Charge your unit overnight with the usb connection. Tomorrow, connect the car charger to the unit again and see if the green light goes on.

Sorry, I meant ran out of power. When I got home, I stuck the charger in my truck's lighter and it came on green. We tried inserting it 10 times in different ways in the car lighter and no green. The car is brand new, so something is not right here with the connection. Anyone else have problems with newer car lighters? I stuck in my cell phone charger to the car lighter and it connects just fine and lights up. So apparently it has power...
Jeff

I have an Icom airband radio with a dc adapter that will not work well in one of the family vehicles but does in others. Try turning the adapter gently after you insert it to see if that might work for you too.

I'd say 2 years is a pretty good innings! You should be able to pick one up relatively cheap! Go to Frys or just buy one of Amazon, normally well priced!

As I remember, on my 920 charger, it has a fuse on it. I am not sure about others, but I think you should definitely check it out before buying a replacement

Your's worked for two years? wow. Mine worked for 13 months. Crapy design and cheep wire I think. works well when it's cold and wires contract. Warm up a bit and looses connection. I need to get a new one. Thinking more of a multi USB plug and hust use one of the many USB cordes I have around the house. That way I can also charge my phones without buying 2 different chargers.

Ask a Question