Car charger will no longer plug into windshield dock

For some reason my car charger will no longer plug into the power connector port on the windshield dock of my 910. It feels as if it's hitting some type obstruction, and won't go in all the way, although I'm unable to see anything in the port, and the plug from the home charger works without a problem. Moreover, the car charger will plug into the home dock charging port OK. Purchasing a new car charger failed to solve the problem, so it doesn't seem to be associated with the male end. I'm totally mystified because the last time I used the 910 with the windshield dock and the car charger it worked perfectly. Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and if they resolved the problem without spending $50 for a new windshield dock. Thanks for any help.

Asking the obvious but you have looked carefully at the port to see if a piece of gunk has gotten into it, precluding a proper fit?

Yep, I've looked with a high-powered light and a magnifying glass and have also probed the opening with a paper clip (not a very scienfitic tool, I admit, but all I had). I cannot detect any type of foreign body in the port. I had no trouble at all on a recent trip to Colorado, but the very next time I tried to plug in the car charger it wouldn't plug in all the way or at least far enough in to establish electrical contact. I'm totally mystified.

cnichols,

Any joy in resolving the problem?

My Go 910 has suffered the exact same fate last week whilst on holiday. The house charger still plugs in and works but the car charger won't. I've just bought a brand new genuine Tomtom car charger today and that one won't plug in either??

Mav

Ask a Question