Can anybody recommend an external battery for the TT One?

My wife and I like to use the TT One when we're walking around unfamiliar parts of the city. However, the 2 hour battery life is fairly limiting. I'm certainly not carrying a laptop with me in order to charge it, so I was trying to find a good external battery/charger. I noticed that Energizer makes a little charger called "Energi To Go" that's designed to charge the Razr:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=09VSBK664W3QK77WP11J

I suppose something like that would work to give the TT a little extra juice. Has anybody tried something like this before?

Last edited:
That mobiledriven USB Battery Extender looks nice in case I need a energy boost for my TomTom. I'm flying on a trip next week and didn't have time to wait for one.

Instead, I had found an "Emergency Charger for iPod" at a local Walgreens for $5.99 (living solutions/Atico International.) It runs off 4-AA's as well and is designed to supply 5V just like a USB port would. The main housing has a stylish iPod look to it and is barely larger than the 3&1 pyramid of batteries it holds, plus there's a small on/off switch.

Being for iPod, it came with the 30-pin Docking connector at the end of a nice-sized cord. Too bad I don't have a dockable iPod to plug it into.

The Docking connector was soon clipped off and examined. Two wires came into it. The pinout showed the connections as "USB +5" and "USB-GND." There was a resistor tied to a couple pins to keep the iPod detection circuit happy.

I had a cable leftover from a dead CardReader, so I scavenged the Mini connector off of it and then soldered the two wires from the charger onto the corresponding "USB +5" and "USB GND" pins of the Mini connector.

When the cluster of batteries were loaded up, plugged into the TomTom, and the switch thrown, my ONE showed it was happily charging...

For a few dollars and a couple minutes of time, I now had an "Emergency Charger for TomTom"

Ask a Question