Anybody know what this 0n-screen image means?

Hi Guys and Guyesses,
I bought a Tom-Tom device on eBay ages ago and it has always worked fine. A sticker on the base says it is a GO630.
So what's the problem, Steve?
I let my wife use it unattended and she did something to it. She says it kept falling off the top of the dashboard (Citroen C3 Picasso) and she didn't want to use the windscreen mount because it would leave a rind on the window that thieves could see. So anyway, when she brought it back, this is what happened ......
Hold down the ON button until a light appears.
Screen changes to a street view of an intersection.
Tap screen.
Screen changes to another screen saying that I am the owner.
Tap on my name. and this is where it gets confusing.
The screen changes to show what can only be described as an icon that looks just like one of the old fashioned cassette tape storage boxes from the '60's laid on its side.
A bit like this ......
140.jpg

..... but the ribs are more pronounced.
Does anybody have a clue what it means?
Ta muchly,
Steve

Hi there,
I have already fixed the problem but I just wanted to know what the image was in case it ever turned up again.
Cheers,
Steve

The title says .... "Anybody know what this 0n-screen image means?"
It's a fairly specific question asking what is meant by a particular image that appears on the Tom-Tom's screen.
It isn't a question about how to fix the problem. That problem has already been sorted.
In the meantime, I'd still appreciate any answers about that that icon MEANS.
Cheers,
Steve

Jeez... Do you actually want us to try to help or not?

There are several VERY experienced TomTom users here, and dhn is one of them.
If he knew straight away exactly what that icon was (from your rather vague description) then he probably would have told you straight away.

As he didn't, he then asked YOU a perfectly sensible question which might have helped him (or someone else) to gain more of an idea what had been going on, in order to try to answer your question.

If you get on your high horse and won't answer our questions there's not a lot of point continuing.

By the same token, if you don't know the answer to the question as asked, just say so and THEN ask for any further info to help you figure it out.
I'm not usually an aggressive sort of poster but just look at the title and then see the first 2 answers. Did they answer the question? Did they even try to answer the question?
The honest truth is that I just don't like it when posters answer the question that they THINK they see and not the one that is actually written there.
And as for my "rather vague description". How do you know that it is a rather vague description unless you recognise the icon from it? So that means that either you are being argumentative just for the sake of it or you know what the icon is but just ain't saying. Mmmmm

By the same token, if you don't know the answer to the question as asked, just say so and THEN ask for any further info to help you figure it out.
I'm not usually an aggressive sort of poster but just look at the title and then see the first 2 answers. Did they answer the question? Did they even try to answer the question?
The honest truth is that I just don't like it when posters answer the question that they THINK they see and not the one that is actually written there.
And as for my "rather vague description". How do you know that it is a rather vague description unless you recognise the icon from it? So that means that either you are being argumentative just for the sake of it or you know what the icon is but just ain't saying. Mmmmm

You know what? We're moderators here just trying to do our jobs. We read and answer thousands of posts. We don't give a wrong answer on purpose; further, if we ask a question, it's because we want to learn, not just for ourselves but for others that may have a similar problem.

We are not being argumentative. On the other hand ........... :rolleyes:

Job???

When we ask questions, it's because we feel we NEED the information, not because we find it fun to work your fingers on that keyboard a little more.

Of course, we could take the more complicated route. Rather than asking him a question, there IS a way to capture an image from the face of his unit directly that he could attach here, and that might give us a better idea of what he's seeing on his end. Perhaps then we would recognize it and be able to give an answer.

Do we dare explain how this is done? That information won't immediately provide the answer his question, so I hesitate...

We're moderators here just trying to do our jobs.
Jobs ?? :eek:

Do you mean that we are supposed to get paid for this? I thought we were doing this on a volunteer basis! If you are getting paid, I want to get paid also! :roll:

- Tom -

Okay, okay .... how about 'duty'? :D

Really, this bloody thread should probably be locked. I've had enough aggrevation for one day.

Haven't a clue what the image is but when you wrote that you got it via eBay, if it was used, could it have been the previous owner's image?

BTW, I appreciate your humorous post.

Too many almonds, I'd guess. I don't think there was any humor intended.

Ask a Question