Blackberry pairing

I purchased a blackberry 8830 thru TELUS and I am trying to pair with a GO920 GPS the hands free works however the data connection does not. Also the phone number transfered to the gps with out the name.

The gps is asking the following questions

Access point name
Username
Password
IP Address (DHCP)
DNS Server address
Logic script

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thank You

depends on if Tom Tom has a partnership with your phone carrier...for example they do not have with Sprint.....so the features wil not work..hope this helps

paring

I purchased a blackberry 8830 thru TELUS and I am trying to pair with a GO920 GPS the hands free works however the data connection does not. Also the phone number transfered to the gps with out the name.

The gps is asking the following questions

Access point name
Username
Password
IP Address (DHCP)
DNS Server address
Logic script

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thank You

all these things that are be requested only occurs when you press manual paring. When you start to pair even if your cell is not listed some cell may be highlighted. try paring with this highlighted cell phone. My cell was the Raza2 V9 and was not listed but I pared with the highlighted cell and it went through. Good luck

I am not familiar with TELUS, but you might search the forum to see if anyone has paired a device on it and has posted settings.

If not, contact TELUS support and ask them fior the necessary settings to set up a data connection. These would basically be the same settings to tether your phone with your laptop to use it as a modem.

Generally, TomTom does not need the user name/password except to access paid Plus Services. Likewise, the DCHP and DUNS address are set to auto. The logic script is a possibility and the APN is a definite - both specific to TELUS.

My 930 and Blackberry Curve 8330 (on Telus) pair without problem. Don't remember doing anything special to get it to work. I do have a different problem but will start a new thread so as not to hijack your thread.

Good luck.

Ask a Question