Go 720 Pairing with Blackberry 8330 Curve

I can pair my 8330 with the 720 all the way until it asks for a data connection. It asks me which phone I am using and the 8330 is not listed (however it does show that the pairing is with the 8330...wierd). If I select "other", it next gives me a list of carriers; of which Verizon is not one of them. If I select "other" again, it asks me if I would like to manually set up the data. Has anyone ever set this up manually or does anyone know why the 8330 is not listed?

For this phone/carrier, setting up the connection manually is the way to go. After you specify the carrier as "other" you'll be asked if you want to setup manually. During the manual setup process you can still choose automatic for IP and DNS settings. The only thing you really need to provide after this is the dial string, which is #777.

Keep in mind that you'll also need the tethering option from Verizon, which costs either $15 (if you're on the $45 BES plan) or $30 (if you're on the $30 BIS plan) per month.

You could also use this feature with a laptop (or a desktop for that matter), but if you intend to use tethering only with your TomTom, you might be interested in this post.

Ask a Question