Backing up a ONE 130 to thumb drive?

Bought a ONE 130 refurb from Tiger Direct a couple weeks ago. My first GPS was a Nextar my wife bought me, when I discovered there are NO map updates let alone maps for other countries, I thought I'd try this one. In my initial looking into my new toy, I recall reading something, somewhere, about backing up to a USB thumbdrive. Now that I want to do this, I cannot find this info again.

I live in California, my wife in Australia. She'll be here in a couple days for 3 weeks, then I head back to Oz with her, for a few weeks. Need the USA map for some destinations in the SF bay area, wanted to swap in the Australia map at my brother's before heading out to the airport.

Anyone know how to do this, or perhaps has come across this info and knows where I can find it?

Thanks much,

Jon

You could back up your unit's contents using Explorer, not Home, to the thumb drive. (Not a bad idea backing everything up to the computer as well).

Then delete the USA map from the unit using Explorer after making sure the backup to the thumb drive (or computer is there).

Purchase and download the Oz map and install it on your unit. When it comes time to switch maps, then back up the Oz map, remove from unit and copy back the USA map.

Ask a Question