Australia Red Light /Speed Warning camera detectors

TomTom Model(s)
GO720
I have a TomTom GO720 , which I didn't use for a few months then when I turned it on again I found all the maps were lost, after contact TomTom here in Australia they sent me a link which restored the maps although I did lose the voice search function.(can anyone explain why?)

I'm now trying to download from Trapster their speed camera locations maps for Sydney /Australia but am having difficulty but finding it impossible!

Are there any members in Australia who can advise me as to any free third party organisations which offer a free download for Red Light/Speed cameras,

The TomTom service is only valid for a year albeit priced at only $17 at the moment

Do you have a computer voice selected? And do you have a text file in the asr folder called support_asr.dat (NOT support_asr.dat.txt) with only a 1 in it, nothing else ..... no spaces, quotes, carriage returns. Just the 1.

Hi, yes I have a computer voice back on the TomTom giving me directions, but what is missing is the facility where I could give a verbal request for an address and the TomTom would search for it,

I cant find that text file you mention

Then create it with a text editor such as Notepad. Or you can unzip the attached file directly in the asr folder

Attachments

• support_asr.zip
    129 bytes · Views: 334
Hi, yes I have a computer voice back on the TomTom giving me directions, but what is missing is the facility where I could give a verbal request for an address

Just to clarify, the reason dhn asked you about the navigation voice was that you do need to have a computer voice selected for navigation before the voice control will work.

Hi Andy
is the computer voice in the tomtom files or from my computer? I only have a voice on the tomtom machine itself!

also I tried downloading the support_asr.dat file from here and also TomTom, but the VLC download is rejecting it!

The files that enable voice control should be included in the map. It's entirely possible that TT pointed you to a version of the map that didn't have them.

The ones in my Europe maps have names like
cspeech_ESP.dat
cspeech_FRA.dat
cspeech_GBR.dat

...for the different languages that might be used .

Do you have any "cspeech" files in your map's folder at all?

Ask a Question