Additional maps on SD card

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 920
Recently purchased new Go 920.It has North America and Europe maps installed on internal memory.I have SDHC 4Gb memory card,formatted in FAT32 and want to install additional maps to it.
My question would be - how to install maps to SD card to make them recognized by Go 920 and work properly?
Your advise will be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike :)

When using TTHome, you select the external drive while the sd card is placed in it. Then you install the map as you would be installing it on the internal drive. That's it. The device will recognize the map.
After you restarted the device, you go to the configuration menu, manage maps, and select the new map.
Don't forget, before any operation on the device to create a backup using the windows explorer. Copy the files located on the device to a folder on the PC.

--pilsit

Followed the instructions and thats what happened-
1. Made a backup.
2.TTH could not locate the external drive,it offered a few options (maps,voices,sounds,icons,update GO,show content of the GO,remove items on GO and computer,made a backup...) to install,but I could not see how to select an external drive with TTHome.What I did - copied maps to SD card with "Finder"(analog Windows Explorer in Mac);
3.Restarted device,went to Configuration and changed map over.What I saw next was sign "Map cannot be used with this device" and request for activation.Device can see all 4 maps(3 on internal and new one on SD card),but can use only 3 of them(that came pre-installed).
4.What kind of activation I am being asked?Am I missing some steps in installing map to SD card?
Please,advise.
Mike:)

When you FIRST connect to Home with the sdhc card installed, Home asks you (or is SUPPOSED to ask you) what memory location you want to use, Internal or External (sd card). You 'select' the choice you want (in your case, External), and have the map installed ... it'll install on the card.

Tell us this. With the card in the unit and connected to Home, the Menu option in Home of 'Device', switch devices. Is that enabled? If so, switch and see what happens.

Thank You dhn,
I will follow your advise when get home in 5 hours(I am at work currently) and post comments here what happend.In the meantime, I recall TTHome gave me an option of 2 drives,selected the bottom one and it gave me a choice of downloading a few voices and map corrections made by users in the amount of 0.1Mb.And that was it.After that I closed Home and just copied map folder from Mac HD to SD card manually.
Thank You for your support.
Mike :)

To continue...
Inserted Sd card,turned on TT Home,it asked me to select drive:internal or external. Selected external (SD).In 'Home' menu option 'Device'-change device has the same function of switching drives. Now in 'external drive' mode I have several options (maps,sounds,icons,documents,show content...)

Last edited:

Ask a Question