A suggestion to TomTom people ...

Would TomTom ever consider (or maybe have already considered) maps rentals for a fixed time period ?? I believe that there is a broad customer-base that will swiftly support this form of business with TT.

Over 50 views reported of this post and nobody yet replied to it !! Why ???
Dont't you guys really think that maps rental is a great idea ?????

Dern it Andrew...it's only been 15 minutes since your first post. You must be an impatient young fella...ya gotta give some of us old farts a chance to mull things over and formulate a reply..:D :D

Yes, I for one would love to be able to see the detail in a new map for instance and check it out prior to buying it. great idea, but doubt you'll ever see that happen.

Dern it Andrew...it's only been 15 minutes since your first post. You must be an impatient young fella...ya gotta give some of us old farts a chance to mull things over and formulate a reply..:D :D

Yes, I for one would love to be able to see the detail in a new map for instance and check it out prior to buying it. great idea, but doubt you'll ever see that happen.

Flyer1024,

Where did you get that 15 minutes ?? NO. According to the time stamps my first post is dated: 9Jan'08 and your first reply to that was on 11Jan'08 - about 2 days apart !!!

For a Canadian/American visiting Europe, for a month, less than once a year renting european map from TT as opposed to buying one seems a smart thing to do (assuming that e.g. the cost of monthly rent would be cheaper than buying). :eek: :) ;)

Andrew_3O

I actually agree with Andrew. I'd be VERY interested in, at a minimum, being able to try out a new map version - even if it were for only 30 minutes at a time. Just so I could compare whether it was worth my while to purchase an update or not. At that kind of money for a map update, at a minimum the changes between the maps need to be documented. They'd probably generate a lot more map purchases that way if people could verify exactly what they're missing out on.

I would also vote for the suggestion. I spend 3 weeks a year working in Europe and would happily pay each year for a month's rental.

Ask a Question