730 will not play downloaded voices

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730, XL IQ Routes Edition, VIA 1605
I'm finding my GO 730 will not play any downloaded voice other than Susan, the computer generated female US English voice. I've downloaded male and female voices and installed them to my external memory card but they will not play in test mode and if I select them they are silent.

The machine has the latest application and maps installed. Any thought on why I'm having this problem and what to do about it? Thank you.

Are the voices you downloaded computer voices i.e. TTS type or are they normal spoken (recorded) voices, if they are TTS voices the download needs to be placed in the LoquendoTTS/ data/ voices folder, otherwise the device won't find them. If the voices are of the recorded type and not TTS you can create a folder named "voices" (without the "") on the memory card and put the files in to that, the device will then pick up the new additional voices - Mike

Thanks for the reply

The voices are computer generated voices in US and UK English. Dave, Kate, Simon, etc. They are located in the Loquendo directory on the SD card (Susan lives on the internal memory), and the unit finds them just fine. I used Home to download them. They're there in the list of choices when I select "Change Voice" from the menu, but if I select one, they are silent in operation or in test mode.

Move them to the LoquendoTTS area on the device memory rather than the SD card, I have experianced similar issues when I split the TTS files between the two memory locations and it doesn't work! - Mike

Removng and reinstalling the voices to the internal memory did the trick. They all play now, so it would seem the TTS (computer) voices and maps must all live onthe same drive.

Thank you all for the help.

Ask a Question