7.1 for G510/710

GMK

Newb Here. just downloaded 7.1xx for my new 510. Don't know what it does yet. Will advise. If this is old news, mea culpa. Also, v 2.1 of Tomtom Home is up for download.

Last edited:
A little update on the new firmware and Home 2.1.

Apparently, there have been quite a few problems with Home 2.1 and the 510. When I went to install a map update it wouldn't allow it, claiming a pna.ini (if I recollect the file name correctly) file was in the .cab and so it wouldn't load it. The TT tech had me delete 2.1 saying that it shouldn't have been up in the first place. Since my 1.5 version of Home isn't trying to upgrade itself i surmise its gone, for awhile at least.

Some new features are in the Go 510 menu with 7.1. A map corrections icon is present but it doesn't support the loaded maps so maybe this is a good foreboding of things to come.

Change map colors is different with multi-thumbnails on one page. nice feature.

I'd post more but I forgot what was/wasn't on the older firmware.

:confused: I just downloaded 7.1 for my 510 yesterday. As of now I like it!! Whish I didn't have to lose tripmaster, et al. The question I have concerns the "help me" icon. When you tap it two other icons appear for "first aid guide" and "other guides". Are these currently used by TT because when these icons are tapped the message "no information availabe" appears. Is this 7.1 firmware incomplete on the older units??

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The 910 is supported for this update, at least it was for me!
I hope the MapShare update to the base maps is made available soon!

Remember that it said on YourNAV that all functions were not active in this version of 7 for 510/etc.

My 7.1xx and 2.1 installed without probs. Yes, waiting here for the MapShare maps too!

While Home 2.0 was downloading 7.1, it also tried to get 2.1. I said no, and let it finish 7.1 completely before getting Home 2.1.

Last edited:
NavCore7 and Home 2.1.2.121

As of now, I've had no troubles with the new NavCore or Home. The new Home interface is taking a bit of getting used to, but the Core update to my TomTom itself seems to have corrected a minor annoyance I was having with my unit.

When I shut it off, it would power right back up, except when on the computer dock. It seems to be all better now.

:)

Ask a Question