130S and Google Maps

I am a new to GPS devices and I just bought a 130S. So far it seems pretty capable but when I was researching products something that caught my eye on the TomTom was the ability to send Google Map locations directly to the GPS.
I have not been able to make this work, however.
The first thing I did when I got it was to download TomTom Home and update the maps.
When I pull up a Google Map location in my browser and tell it to send to GPS I get an error in Home that says the function is not yet available in the software or the firmware version (or something like that).

What am I doing wrong? Does the 130S actually support this feature?

In order for this to work (sending business locations to GPS unit), you need to be able to "Operate your GO" from your PC. Have you tried that yet? If not, there's a file that will be downloaded to your PC the first time you try to 'operate your GO'. I think it's a dll file.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can only download 'business' locations to your GPS.

Hope this helps.

I did try this the other day and I got a message saying it was not supported at this time. Does this mean the 130S is not capable of that?

What version of Home do you have and what version of firmware on the unit? (tap the satellite bars to see the version number).

Perhaps this functionality is not supported on the lower end models; I can't swear to it. Hopefully, someone will provide a definitve answer for you.

I finally called TomTom about this and they were able to help me. I had to update my TomTom application software. I thought I already had done this but I had just updated the maps.

It's now working fine and I can use the Home program to control the TomTom as well as send Google map locations to the device.

Ask a Question