130S traffic receiver

TomTom Model(s)
130s
Bought a traffic receiver off of eBay, the one with the egg shaped thing inline and the miniUSB connection. Receiver was advertised as brand new, never used, guaranteed to work.

Plug it into my 130S and it charges the unit fine but the traffic bar on the right side never appears. When I go into the menu -- TomTom Services > TomTom Traffic -- it says "Traffic receiver not connected. Please connect your traffic receiver." When I click the "Traffic Receiver" button all I see is a twirling globe -- forever and forever and forever. The connection must be good since it does charge the unit.

Aren't these receivers supposed to be "plug and play"? Just plug it in and it works -- or is there a setting somewhere that needs to be activated?

Thanks,
Gary

Bought a traffic receiver off of eBay, the one with the egg shaped thing inline and the miniUSB connection.

I believe there have been several models of Traffic Receiver and you need the right one for a particular model.
For example, the only one I can see for sale on the US TT website (here) DOESN'T say it is compatible with the 130S (but that might just be a website error).

I'm not a US user so I'm not too familiar with the ONE 130S, but a couple of things you can check which might help others who reply...
1. Did it say anywhere in the documentation which Traffic Receiver works?
2. Can you tell us the part number of the receiver? It should be on a tag on the cable.

Thanks for the response, Andy.

I bought it here: TomTom USB LT Traffic Receiver One 125 130 135 140 S GPS | eBay. The 125/130 models were specifically mentioned as being compatable with this receiver. I bought from this advertiser because of the 99.5% rating and the quick delivery time.

The model number of the one I received is: 4UUCB1B. That is right off the sticker that is applied on the power source plug.

Gary

Ask a Question