Some minimal news about 7.15 maps

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I asked support if i had a chance to see the new map before my 30 days expires:
So got this answer

Unfortunately we don't have any information on when they will be finished, they are currently in the beta testing stage so it probably won't be before the 9th.

Let's start a nice "rumourish" thread then :p

My darn 30 days are up... So I won't get to drool on my latest map when they're released. Which means I'll either have to suck it up and spend the $$$ on the map - which I probably won't do if I can't use the better NA maps - or stick with my sub-par USA & Canada maps... :)

In the unlikely event that a new owner looks here first, I offer that TomTom do not know when the 30 days should start unless the new, proud owner tells them.

If you avoid activating your promotion code until new maps are available, it is likely that you would then have 30 days. I imagine this is why the US store is down :mad:

... and a black helicopter just flew overhead ...:rolleyes:

Does anyone have the 7.15 maps?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimbowline's signature line indicates he has the 7.15 US maps. Are they the newest? When does everyone think the next update will be? When and how often do they *usually* come out. I just bought my tomtom one xl-s and wonder if I should use my free upgrade now or wait a while? Also, could someone look to see if his/her map has a Cherry Rd in Greensburg, IN?

Many thanks!

Max

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimbowline's signature line indicates he has the 7.15 US maps. Are they the newest? When does everyone think the next update will be? When and how often do they *usually* come out. I just bought my tomtom one xl-s and wonder if I should use my free upgrade now or wait a while? Also, could someone look to see if his/her map has a Cherry Rd in Greensburg, IN?

Many thanks!

Max

Believe I saw that maps are upgraded about 4 times a year.

Can anyone relate the new USA and Canada maps (7.15) to the maps on Teleatlas web site? When I look there to "offer" map corrections my home streets are not shown. TeleAtlas indicates that their website maps are 2007/07 which I assume to be last July.

If an address is not on their site for correcting maps, is there any reason to think it might be on 7.15?

Does anyone else think that TomTom might sell more map upgrades if they had a site (like TeleAtlas has) where we could look at and search the current maps they offer?

I read that Tomtom version 7.15 is based on TeleAtlas OCTOBER 2007 maps, which isn't online yet on the teleatlas site..

A major road close to my place Isn't on the TA site, but it is on my TT version 7.15(wasn't on 7.10)

Last edited:
I read that Tomtom version 7.15 is based on TeleAtlas OCTOBER 2007 maps, which isn't online yet on the teleatlas site..

A major road close to my place Isn't on the TA site, but it is on my TT version 7.15(wasn't on 7.10)

7.10 NA map files are dated October 3rd, what are they dated on 7.15?

I'm surprised because, from the information I've read, there was no mention of Quebec updates in 7.15, only updates for NS, NB and Ontario.

Here is what I had for reference:

Major Improvements Overview

USA

Tele Atlas? MultiNet? USA 2007.10 contains the following highlights and

improvements, compared to Tele Atlas? MultiNet? USA 2007.07, and apart from

all the normal Tele Atlas? database update procedures:

Addressing

? Continuous addressing updates resulted in an overall addition of over

600,000 new geocodable addresses and over 12,972 miles of new

streets in 300+ counties. Geocoding match rates reach 96% for

residential and 95% for businesses.

? Improved address ranges to match 75,000 pre-existing address points

partially due to the addition of 5.8 million address points to the

database.

Street geometry

? Geometry in 70 counties has been aligned to ADAS specification.

One-Ways

? Field and resource analysis leading to updates on 5,471 one-ways.

Maneuvers

? Field and resource updates leading to improvements on more than

21,983 maneuvers.

Release Notes - Tele Atlas? MultiNet? - North America v. 2007.10

Section 2: Release Information 14

Blocked passages

? Field and resource updates leading to more than 1,812 additional

blocked passages.

Speed Restrictions

? Added posted speed limits to over 139,000 miles of roadway using field

survey.

Canada

Tele Atlas? MultiNet? Canada 2007.10 contains the following highlights and

improvements, compared to Tele Atlas? MultiNet? Canada 2007.07, and apart

from all the normal Tele Atlas? database update procedures:

Addressing

? Significantly improved addressing in New Brunswick , Nova Scotia and

Ontario.

? Entire province of Nova Scotia updated for addressing and naming,

adding over 275,000 new address points, reflected in improved address

ranges.

? Updated over 3,183 addresses in Moncton , St. John and Fredericton in

the province of New Brunswick .

? Updated approximately 4800 address ranges in Vancouver .

? Updated 16,600 address ranges in the Greater Toronto area.

? Geocoding match rate nationwide is 86% for residential and 85% for

businesses.

? Approximately 3,944 additional miles of named streets nationwide.

Street geometry updates

? Geometry alignment improvements and completion in New Brunswick ,

Nova Scotia and Ontario , representing 3,944 miles.

? 4,185 miles of field verified transportation attributes added in Nova

Scotia.

? Entire province of New Brunswick aligned to positionally accurate

source.

One-Ways

? Field and resource analysis leading to updates on 513 one-ways.

Release Notes - Tele Atlas? MultiNet? - North America v. 2007.10

Section 2: Release Information 15

Maneuvers

? Field and resource updates leading to improvements on more than 3,559

maneuvers.

Speed Restrictions

? Added posted speed limits to over 17,000 miles of roadway using field

survey.

7.10 vs 7.15

What version of the TeleAtlas maps is the TT 7.10 version based on then??? It can't be October 2007 if the 7.15 version is based on that.

Max

What version of the TeleAtlas maps is the TT 7.10 version based on then??? It can't be October 2007 if the 7.15 version is based on that.

Max

You need to remember there is a difference between the date Tomtom issues the map and TeleAtlas does. TeleAtlas supplies the map to Tomtom that does its work on it before the map is made available to its users. I have no idea when TeleAtlas released the data for Tomtom or the time Tomtom took to issue version 7.10. All I know is that version 7.10 has an October 3rd 2007 on the files.

7.10 is 2007.7 TeleAtlas release

7.15 is 2007.10 TeleAtlas release

TeleAtlas makes 4 maps releases that are pushed to their customers, and each release is made every 3 motnhs, so for 2007 we have 2007.1, 2007.4 (7.05), 2007.7 (7.10), 2007.10 (7.15). Next one will be 2008.1 mapdata which is expected around May.

Is there a way to find out what maps are currently on your TT? I just got mine from my nephew but he is not shure when, if ever, he updated his maps or anything else for that matter.

I'm a little hesitant to install TT Home 2.2 after reading of problems that people are having.

Great site, gald I found it.

Is there a way to find out what maps are currently on your TT? I just got mine from my nephew but he is not shure when, if ever, he updated his maps or anything else for that matter.

I'm a little hesitant to install TT Home 2.2 after reading of problems that people are having.

Great site, gald I found it.
Tap the area where the signal strength bars are, then tap the small square in the bottom right corner that has the software version. That will bring up a screen that shows all of your unit's information.

Ask a Question