Which Maps?

I am installing the updated maps. Which ones do I install? Do I install only the North America map? Should I install the individual regions and state maps? Are these duplicates or more detailed maps?

Will there be a conflict when I enter an address?

There is no info at all with the maps and since it is a weelend day I can;t get any help from TomTom.

Thoughts, Ideas?

CD

depends what you want. Do you want just the regional maps or do you want the entire continent?

Obviously the entire continent covers all the individual regions.

Will there be a conflict when I enter an address?
No conflict..... you can only have one map loaded at a time so even if you did a regional and the entire continent, you'd only be accessing one map at a time.

To change maps if you have multiple installed go to Change Preferences then Manage Maps.

My question is this:

If I install the North America map do I get the same detail as the regional/ State map for that area?

Do the individual maps have more detail. Then what happens if I have the California map and the North America map installed. Do I get a conflict because there are 2 maps for the same area?

My question is this:

If I install the North America map do I get the same detail as the regional/ State map for that area?

Do the individual maps have more detail. Then what happens if I have the California map and the North America map installed. Do I get a conflict because there are 2 maps for the same area?

No conflict..... you can only have one map loaded at a time so even if you did a regional and the entire continent, you'd only be accessing one map at a time.

To change maps if you have multiple installed go to Change Preferences then Manage Maps.

It pays to read ;)

As far as better detail in regional.... I can't answer that to a definitive.
I did however test it for my area JUST today and only about 80-90 miles worth and I saw NO difference.

And again. There will be NO conflict as the Device can only see one map at a time.

If I have North America installed
USA_Canada installed
US_NorthEast region installed
NH_VT_ME_NY_blah blah blah installed

And I'm mapping out a route from Augusta Maine to NY, NY using my Regional Map, it only uses that map and therefore can't/won't conflict withthe other maps.

Hope that's a little clearer?

Thanx, I just did not understand why they would split up the maps.

Then I realized that not all models have a 10GB hard drive.

That explains the smaller map files.

I might be slow........

but I take my time.

Maps updated without incident.

On the road again........

CD

Ask a Question