Request for map test....pls...

TomTom Model(s)
Hi Everyone...

Ok...here is my dilemna....Fortunately I have a 910 and it has tons of storage. With that being said I have the older maps (Version North America v650.1108) and the newest maps (Version North America v665.1293).

When I plan a route on Interstate 10 eastbound from Fort Stockton Texas...to San Antonio Texas with the v665 maps...no matter what I do there is a dogleg that goes up to Hwy 67/385 near McCawley Tx. Via fastest and shortest routes. I have also tried putting numerous waypoints along I-10 to see if it will go past this detour to no avail.

The only way to get the route to work is to go back to the old Version 650 maps.

Would it be possible to see if one of you could calc a route on I-10 eastbound to San Antonio From Fort Stockton Texas using the v665 maps and let me know what you get?

I think there is a problem either with the map or the tom tom logic but I think it is just the maps because when I revert back to the old V650 maps the same route calculates just fine.

Also...what (if anything) can we do about this problem?

Thanks in advance!!!!

I just tested this on my TT ONE and got the same problem you described. This is obviously a mapping problem.

I'm beginning to have my doubts about v665. I may revert back to v650.

I also noticed that routing was different (and usually worse) with the new maps. I reported it to TomTom and they acknowledged that something was not quite right but no news since. Maybe it's linked to the absence of speed limits in the new maps.
I found that, sometimes, selecting the "next fastest" route actually provides a better route, closer to what I was getting with the old map, and sometimes faster than the original "fastest" !

I don't have my TomTom with me right now, so I can't test it with your route, but after it has computed what it thinks is the fastest route, try "Find Alternative" -> "Calculate Alternative" -> "Fastest route".
Maybe that will help in your case too...

Guys thanks! Jimbo thanks for the test...Ill chat with TT support and let them know the problem! It can be frustrating but glad I have both mapsets and that someone here could verify my problem!

Fort Stockton - San Antonio Route

I've seen this problem too but fortunately this has been corrected on the latest release of maps from Teleatlas. So you need to buy the latest release after May and everything should be OK.

I don't know the area, but to me the routing seems to be fine with the V6.75 maps. Is this correct?

ao99nb23liryr1fdt.jpg

I don't know the area, but to me the routing seems to be fine with the V6.75 maps. Is this correct?

ao99nb23liryr1fdt.jpg

You are correct...the route SHOULD go straight along I-10 but it actually goes up to right about where you have your pointer at. The funny thing is even if I add multiple points along that stretch to "bypass" the detour it goes back to it.

Unfortunately we do not have the v6.75 here in the US.

Thanks again for all the confirmation with this!

Unfortunately we do not have the v6.75 here in the US.
It's strange that you don't have access to V6.75. And this example proves that V6.75 is an improvement (I have other examples also). You should write TomTom and tell them to release V6.75 in the US!

And if they don't, you should be sure that the next US version will have your problem corrected!

Ask a Question