Tomtom one and mapshare

When I try to use mapshare, the options are grayed out, except for "How to join".

When I select it, I receive the following:

"TomTom Map Share is not supported either for your device or for the map you are using."

So my question is - Should Mapshare work for my TomTom one? and if so, how to I get it to work?

Thanks.

Ferris

When I try to use mapshare, the options are grayed out, except for "How to join".

When I select it, I receive the following:

"TomTom Map Share is not supported either for your device or for the map you are using."

So my question is - Should Mapshare work for my TomTom one? and if so, how to I get it to work?

Thanks.

Ferris

Apparently, mapshare functionality works only with a minimum of firmware 7x and map version 6.75. You have those?

Apparently, I do:

app7.162 (8492/071121)
GPS v1.21
Boot 5.3026
MAP v665.1293

Seems that I have the proper versions - any other ideas?
Thanks

Apparently, I do:

app7.162 (8492/071121)
GPS v1.21
Boot 5.3026
MAP v665.1293

Seems that I have the proper versions - any other ideas?
Thanks

Afraid you do not. Map version has to be a minimum of v675

So what you're saying is that you cannot use MapShare without BUYING an upgraded map from TomTom ? That the map that ships with the unit is basically unsupported ?

That is ... disappointing....

So what you're saying is that you cannot use MapShare without BUYING an upgraded map from TomTom ? That the map that ships with the unit is basically unsupported ?

That is ... disappointing....

if you bought a newer tomtom, it should come with mapshare. if you buy a model that's a couple generations old, then of course it's not going to have the latest features/technology. you have to upgrade the software. the OP only said they purchased a "tomtom one" which could be a number of units; if it was a tomtom ONE 130S, then it should come with mapshare.

If it's a new purchase, is it eligible for the "Latest Map Guarantee"?

it should be. under the latest map guarantee, you have a month after the date of purchase to download the latest maps.

Ask a Question