Mapshare updates causing TomTom iOS app to crash

Subject says it all.

When I try to download the latest Mapshare updates, the TomTom app crashes. Anyone else experience this? This is happening on both my iPhone 4 and my iPad 2, both running iOS 4.3.1.

I am also experiencing this problem. I've tried disabling auto update and resetting map corrections as mentioned elsewhere to no avail. I hope TomTom can provide a resolution to this issue soon.

Subject says it all.

When I try to download the latest Mapshare updates, the TomTom app crashes. Anyone else experience this? This is happening on both my iPhone 4 and my iPad 2, both running iOS 4.3.1.

Same here, starts then stops no download. Tried over 3G and over WIFI, same results. It was working on IOS 4.3, upgraded to 4.3.1 and it is no longer working.

This forum is not affiliated with tomtom, inc at all. We are completely independent.

That said, there are many helpful members here eager to assist others who may be having issues.

I have submitted a request for technical support directly to Tom Tom regarding this issue and will post back with their response so that this community can benefit.

From the discussions forum:

there is on mapshare file that you donwloaded corrupt
Delete all mapshare corrections and then download them again and it should work
Change settings -> Reset -> Map Corrections.
*I tried this and got the progress bar to go to almost the end, then it quit no update
Tried it again and also added to remove my map corrections as well. Then quit TT and made shure it was not running inthe background as well. Last step I tried was a soft reset (power and home button) still got to the end and quit.

From the discussions forum:

there is on mapshare file that you donwloaded corrupt
Delete all mapshare corrections and then download them again and it should work
Change settings -> Reset -> Map Corrections.
*I tried this and got the progress bar to go to almost the end, then it quit no update
Tried it again and also added to remove my map corrections as well. Then quit TT and made shure it was not running inthe background as well. Last step I tried was a soft reset (power and home button) still got to the end and quit.

i have done all the same as this last post, so any info would be great on how to fix it. thanks

TomTom's only suggested remedies are to delete downloaded Map Share updates and re-downloading and if that is unsuccessful, then try uninstalling the TomTom app resetting the iPhone and re-installing the TomTom app.

Neither of these resolved the issue for me. So I placed a phone call to TomTom technical support. They advised that I contact Apple. Apple wanted to charge me either $69.99 for Apple Care or $29.99 for one-time support incident.

Why should I have to pay to attempt to troubleshoot a conflict that exists between the iPhone OS and the TomTom app. Shouldn't TomTom get on the phone with Apple and resolve this issue?

I was told by tech support that they were going to give their best effort to resolve my issue and that my satisfaction with TomTom's product is your prime concern. I'm not very satisfied with this proposed solution and I certainly don't feel like TomTom telling me to contact Apple to troubleshoot this conflict is a "best effort."

I also just sent an email to Tomtom to report the problem :violin: Everyone should probably do the same. The more complaints the sooner the fix.

e-mail sent, but i agree what does apple have to do with the problem. tomtom are the ones who mad the app.

Mapshare crashing complaints are now starting to spring up in App Store reviews. This looks like a widespread issue. I'm sure Tomtom will produce a fix, hopefully very soon.

It appears as though the problem has been fixed. Delete downloaded updates and reset the iPhone by holding front button and top button until Apple logo appears. When iPhone reboots initialize TomTom app and re-download Map Share updates. The issue should go away.

It appears as though the problem has been fixed. Delete downloaded updates and reset the iPhone by holding front button and top button until Apple logo appears. When iPhone reboots initialize TomTom app and re-download Map Share updates. The issue should go away.

Thanks for reporting in Dallen. The fix worked for me!!!!! (as I'm sure it will for everyone).

Tried it and it does not seem to work. It looks like it is working, but if you go in and check for map updated again you sill see the same size file and updates is there. Hit update now and watch the slide, it goes to about the end then TomTom closes down. It looks like it is done, but if you then try and check for updates again, there is a update file to be done.

This worked for me. I now see "Your map is up to date"!!! Thanks for sharing

I can't even enter the app after upgrading to 4.3.1

I push the app icon and the screen displays the TomTom logo but after 2 secs it returns to homescreen!

Please, any help ...??!

Ask a Question