Post code problem after update

TomTom Model(s)
One
Hi everybody,I have just updated my Tom Tom One and now it thinks I live outside the UK and wont allow me to enter a full post code. I can only enter the first part of the post code and then I have to enter the street address. Any ideas about how I can reset back to normal?? Thank you.

I assume you just updated your map to 930? If not, stop me here and we'll regroup. I'll assume that's the case.

Check your unit to assure that the post code file was actually included in the map set. Look for a folder in the root of your device called "zip". Within that, you should find Great_Britain.postal, Great_Britain.tlv and Great_BritainPostal.ver. Make sure those files are resident, and then if so, open the Great_BritainPostal.ver file with your favorite text editor / word processor and assure that it shows 930.

I assume you just updated your map to 930? If not, stop me here and we'll regroup. I'll assume that's the case.

Check your unit to assure that the post code file was actually included in the map set. Look for a folder in the root of your device called "zip". Within that, you should find Great_Britain.postal, Great_Britain.tlv and Great_BritainPostal.ver. Make sure those files are resident, and then if so, open the Great_BritainPostal.ver file with your favorite text editor / word processor and assure that it shows 930.
Hi and thank you. I've checked the zip file and it shows I've got version 602? So how do I get vers 930. In the zip file I only have 2 files... Great_Britain postal and Great_Britain postal ver

Last edited:
Can you back up a moment and help me by describing what you were updating, and your actual current map version?

Can you back up a moment and help me by describing what you were updating, and your actual current map version?
Hi again. I connected my Tom Tom to my pc and was informed that a UK maps update was available. I did the update with the resulting post code problem.

Was it a full map update from a subscription, or just the 'Mapshare' update?

We need our fellow moderator Andy to help us here. He no doubt has the postcode file that you need. Or perhaps another UK user?

What is the date on that old '602' file that you have?

Was it a full map update from a subscription, or just the 'Mapshare' update?

We need our fellow moderator Andy to help us here. He no doubt has the postcode file that you need. Or perhaps another UK user?

What is the date on that old '602' file that you have?
Thank you for your responses. I found out that I needed to download another file and was sent a link. All ok now! Thanks again.

Good to know you got it sorted. Yes, you were missing a recent postcode file, I guess.

Ask a Question