Bluetooth: What Carrier's phones work and don't work: All models

Deleting phone book entries from the TTGo730

Able to easily set up hands-free calling and phonebook download.

Follow-on question is how do I delete phone book entries on the TT730?

The only way I have found to do so thus far, is to delete the whole phone book and re-pair my cell, and download the phone book with the entry deleted. Has anyone discovered an easier way?

By the way, if anyone has problems getting their whole phone book to transfer, check to see if your contacts are assigned to a "group". I found that with groups designated, only the pre-installed group choices would transfer, not the group names I created and the member entries under them. When I removed all the groups from my phone, the whole phone book transferred. Go figure.

Follow-on question is how do I delete phone book entries on the TT730?

The only way I have found to do so thus far, is to delete the whole phone book and re-pair my cell, and download the phone book with the entry deleted. Has anyone discovered an easier way?
Piece o' cake.
In Windows Explorer open the folder TomTom\contacts. Double click contacts.txt . Uncheck Word wrap in Format drop down.
Delete any line you do not want.

While you're at it, if all items end in "Default" change them to e.g.,
Carl,"9055551212","HOME"
Carl,"4165551212","CELL" (note: not Mobile)
Carl,"9055551213","WORK"
This will get you the different icons to the left of the listing when you open the phone book.

I copied everything to Excel, sorted it alphabetically and put it back in contacts.txt and Save.

Enjoy,
Arno

Additional bluetooth phone

With a tt 920 and Motorola V365 (Cingular/ATT): hands free works although I have to use the phone to end a call. The phone book transfers, txt msgs are received and read but I cannot create or reply to a txt msg. I manually configured for data xfer and can sometimes get it to work with weather. The 920 breaks the BT link for some reason before fetching weather.

Motorola Q9m

The Motorola Q9m (Verizon) breaks if the Q9c (again, Verizon) firmware is installed to get Windows Mobile 6.1 (a popular hack right now for people who don't care about the Q9m's music abilities and want to fix a few bugs). You can still transfer the phone book, but you can't dial, no handsfree operation, and the unit intermittently recognizes when it's supposed to mute itself (when using another handsfree BT device).

TomTom GO 920T with firmware 8.010

Last edited:
Palm Treo 680 and Tomtom 930

Phone: Palm Treo 680 AT&T version
Tomtom device: 930

Services: Hands Free works well. I have had to turn my 930 off and then on again once when I couldn't hear anything on a call.

Data does not seem to work, the Go 930 just doesn't seem to be getting any data through the connection, though Navigator 6 on the same device works fine.

Phonebook transfer said it worked, but my phone book didn't transfer. It may be that it got what I had on the card and not what I have on the device.

Verizon LG VX9900 on GO 720

TomTom tested: GO 720
Wireless carrier: Verizon
Data plan: none (standard voice plan)
Phone manufacture & model: LG VX9900 (original eNV)

Features which work:
  • Handsfree
Features which don't:
  • Phonebook transfer
  • SMS messaging
Features not tested:
  • Data transfer

It took a bit of fiddling to get them each to recognize each other. Had to place both phone & TT into promiscuous mode for the initial connection. But now, whenever my phone's within range of the 720, they pair.

It took a bit of fiddling to get them each to recognize each other. Had to place both phone & TT into promiscuous mode for the initial connection. But now, whenever my phone's within range of the 720, they pair.

Hmm.......I just may have to get involved with this bluetooth stuff, after all! :cool: :cool:

PLEASE HELP! Blackberry 8830 World (Sprint) with 930T

I just bought a 930T and am about to return it because I have a Blackberry 8830 world and my TT 930T won't recognize it. Any fixes before I return the unit?

PLease fell free to email me at (e-mail address removed)

Thanks!

goto this link and fill in your carrier: http://www.tomtom.com/phones/compatibility/

For example, the BB8820 with AT&T shows hands-free possible with a 930. No listing for an 8830.

Other users here with such a model will probably contribute to this thread.

Also, TTHome has the last day or so been offering a phone settings update file that may help.

Blackberry 8830 with Sprint...no data services...

I got it to sync and can make handsfree calls..s fluke I guess.. Does anyone know the manual wireless data settings that I need to use? I bought this thing for the data services, so I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!!

I'm having the same issue with my Curve through T-Mo. I've tried all the tricks on line here, and still can't get data to work. Pairs up great for calls.

blackberry 8830 Sprint with 930t

okay, got the TT services to work

Used: Sprint Vision

username/password - nothing

then #777.

My suggestion is to try different entries from similar phones on the same service

Broke my T-Mobile, Go 730, BlackBerry Curve 8320 link

I just purchased my Go 730 and successfully connected it to my BlackBerry Curve 8320 via T-mobile and started receiving traffic. (Yes, I had to change from internet2.voicestream.com to wap.voicestream.com.) It worked perfectly and then I broke it. AND I CANNOT FIX IT. I am hoping for a suggestion.

• First, I own two cell phones. So, after the BlackBerry was working, I cleverly decided it would be a good idea to copy the phone book from my other phone. As soon as I did that, the traffic connection broke. The TomTom was willing and traffic was enabled. It just never connected for traffic again. (Sympton: Grey circle and red X in top right corner.)
  • Second, I deleted the second phone leaving only the BlackBerry. No fix.
  • Third, I deleted the BlackBerry and tried to reconnect. The voice would pair and not the data.
  • Fourth, I deleted the Go from my BlackBerry and tried to connect. Same result, the voice would pair and not the data.
  • Fifth, I restored the Go to a state before I connected my other cell phone using a backup I made. Stil, no connection. (Unfortunaely, I do not have a relevant backup of the BlackBerry.)
  • Sixth, I set the Go back to factory settings and tried to connect. Nope.
[

Any ideas? I am frustrated, of course.

Fixed the T-mobile, Go 730, BlackBerry Curve problem!

After losing most of a day to this problem, I actually fixed it!

As I mentioned, I deleted the BlackBerry 8320 several times and reconnected it to complete failure.

I renamed the BlackBerry to BB8320. No other changes. And it worked! I now get traffic.

It would seem that even when you delete a device from your TomTom, it remembers some of its settings. If you give the device a new name, it starts over. Yipee!

I have repaired my T-Mobile Blackberry with a number of tomTom devices several times over, and have made the mistake of deleting it and starting over again like you did - only to find out TT's %^&** server was down (which it is quite frequently). I had trouble with it earlier today - but it is working again now.

I do not think it 'saves' the settings after you delete it - it probably just needed to have the server back up for it to work.

I'm having the same issue with my Curve through T-Mo. I've tried all the tricks on line here, and still can't get data to work. Pairs up great for calls.

I just tried this today for 2 hours on my sister's BB curve through tmobile with no luck. I just gave up. I plan on buying a Sidekick 2008 but doubt that will even work as well :(

Ask a Question