Which screws/bolts do I need?

I have just bought a new dock and ram mount for my TomTom Rider V2 but none of those parts came with the screws to fix to one another. Does anyone know which ones I need?

I'm certain that the diameter is M5, but just not totally sure what the length is.

Here is a pic of the part I'm talking about:

image069hk.jpg

I think you are correct on the size. I would take the unit down to your local hardware store and match them up just to be sure.

Also, make sure the screws are stainless steel.

Cheers!

Good suggestion from rcacs. The original items are stainless screws with a spring washer. They are button head socket screw which requires a hex key to tighten them .... perhaps as a security measure.
Make sure that the screws are just long enough for the job. If they protrude through the thread in the dock too far, they may not fully tighten and crack the dock. Be careful not to over tighten the screw with the hex key as you can easily apply a lot of torque with the key.
I applied a thread lock compound when fitting these screws to ensure that they didn't come loose, but without having to apply a lot of tightening torque to the plastic of the dock, but remember to fit the security strap beween the Ram mount and the dock if doing this!!!

Last edited:
I actually ran the security lanyard to my handlebars. I figured if the mount breaks, it will still be attached to my bike, not to the part that broke.....

Cheers!

Ask a Question