Visual no sound POI alerts

I would like to add a "sound" with no sound (silence.wav) to my TomTom, in order to activate the POI alert with the above mentioned silent sound, so it will just be a visual alert.

How do I make my silence.wav file work???

Thanks!

I would like to add a "sound" with no sound (silence.wav) to my TomTom, in order to activate the POI alert with the above mentioned silent sound, so it will just be a visual alert.

How do I make my silence.wav file work???

Thanks!

Uh, what am I missing here? Just don't associate a sound with a specific poi?

OTOH, if you want a silent voice FOR your unit but still want to hear the alerts, then get the 'Silent Voice' from here:

http://www.gpsice.co.uk/silentvoice.html

It's not possible

In TomTom ONE 3rd Edition Europe version 7.166 it's not possible not to associate a sound with a specific poi.

If I activate the alert (visual alert), it's linked to a sound. I have a silence.wav file in my computer, but don't know how to make it work in the tomtom. It doesn't work. The tomtom rings a bell (sound 1) instead of the sound I placed in the sounds folder.

In TomTom ONE 3rd Edition Europe version 7.166 it's not possible not to associate a sound with a specific poi.

If I activate the alert (visual alert), it's linked to a sound. I have a silence.wav file in my computer, but don't know how to make it work in the tomtom. It doesn't work. The tomtom rings a bell (sound 1) instead of the sound I placed in the sounds folder.

I think you need a .wav to .ogg coverter (google and get lots of hits) and then I think you rename the .ogg file to be exactly what the poi was named (as well as the associated .bmp) so the results would be test.ov2, test.ogg and test.bmp.

Something like that, anyway.

Ask a Question