TomTom US - UK mapping.

Hi, just to say i'm a newbie, so appologies if this has been said before:
I live in the UK but have a US TomTom (LE), after 3 days of the usual problems. (No US map, file errors etc) I though i had sorted my TomTom out. I had the Western Europe Map on the unit, and USA on the SD card.
However i still couldnt use the full UK post code search: TomTom say this function is only availble with the UK and NL maps, but having borrowed my work TomTom (same version) I discovered that my US device didnt come with the ZIP folder. (copied it over using HOME. It shows up as POSTCODES)
I can only assume that since the US zip codes entered arent house specific, there was no need to put this file on the device.
So if you are planning on using you a non UK TomTom in the UK/Europe, this function may not be available. Even though it says so when purchasing map.
As i said i am new, so it would be great to get this verified.....?:confused:

UPDATE:
I've read a few other forums, and i think i have found the problem:- It would appear that the Western Europe map isnt supplied with the UK postcodes. So if you want to use the postcode functions, you need to purchase the UK only (or UK+ROI) map.

Last edited:

Ask a Question