TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver

Discussion in 'TomTom Services' started by paul_b, Jan 10, 2009.

1. paul_b

paul_b

Hi,
    I have just purchased a tomtom one and RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver. I love my tomtom but connecting the RDS receiver and power cable in the car is never easy and it looks a bit of a mess.

At the moment I am wondering if I can make a neater and easier to get at solution.

Currently I have put it in the bottom right hand corner of my windscreen - which isnt easy to do but its the best and least messy way of having it. I would really like to fit it to the middle of the dashboard.

Is it possible to have the TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver NOT attached to the windscreen?

paul_b, Jan 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. paul_b

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Sure, it's possible, but the reception may be significantly affected depending upon antenna placement.

dhn, Jan 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. paul_b

paul_b

I guess the antenna is just a like a aerial right? Does anyone know if you can connect it to your aerial? You radio aerial picks up RDS. Right?

paul_b, Jan 10, 2009
  4. paul_b

Barcard

TomTom Model(s):
    One XL
    Your vehicle antenna will pick up RDS. Let us know how it goes if you connect your traffic receiver to your vehicle antenna.

Barcard, Jan 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question