Tom Tom 550 rider

I don't want ev charging points to feature in updates, how do I delete all ev stuff from my device
It's a built-in POI, and there's no way to delete it. Not sure why TT insisted on setting it up that way, but ...

yes, you can delete them and all the other built-in POI.

Menu-->Appearance-->POIs on map-->EV points, choose to hide.

That is hiding it not deleting. Every time there is an update the EV POI shows in the list. If you do not update it every time you turn on the update message comes up and has to be cancelled.

I can't for the life of me find where to post a new thread so apologies if this query appears in the wrong section.
I bought a TomTom Rider 550 a couple of months back.
As my bike was in for a repaint I had the tech (who stripped the bike) connect the charging cable to the battery.
I fitted the mounting bracket on the handlebars.
When I tried to connect the two cable elements the male connector wouldn't go into the female connector far enough to allow the locking 'nib' to be locked.
Having not got much sense out of TomTom support I held each element with pliers in an attempt to 'force' them together.
I then realised that if I align the locking nib and arrows on each cable, the two male pins don't align with the female 'sockets' – so there's no way the cable elements can be joined.
I've contacted support several times, even sending a video explaining the issue, but there response is to consult a bike mechanic?
I've explained that there has to be a fault with either or both cables - but they just don't get it.
Has anyone experienced similar problems and had to request replacement cables?

If your rider 550 is new it is under warranty if you bought it in a store you bring it back to this store
if it's on the Tomtom site you have to insist that they send you a new cable.

It seems to me that on the socket there are notches, you can clearly see the direction of the notches.

Ask a Question