Stylist vs. finger?

Most of the time using my finger on the TT touch screen works fine, but entering something on the keyboard or even selecting a POI symbol is hit-or-miss. Having used a Palm for years I have found that using a stylist with a plastic tip is helpful at times.

I have only had my TT for a few weeks and during my drive in today I now see some very slight marks on the scree (when the light hits it just right). It is not really a problem yet but I am wondering it at some point it will.

I know they do sell protective films you can place over touch screens but I am not a fan of that (the screen will not look as sharp and in general looks sloppy).

So the question is: what has your experience been with stylists? Are there stylists that work better (have a softer tip)?

Thanks for any advice.

I use a stylus. Fingers and anything rubber will accumulate abrasive stuff.

My experience is that a plastic tip stylus is much more precise and consistent. The small surface area that you are applying to the screen is not likely to accumulate any gritty bits that will cause hairline scratches. Additionally, some PDA styli include a "reset" pin that fits nicely in the tiny hole on your TomTom.

Ask a Question