start up/shut down images?

TomTom Model(s)
GO LIVE 1535TM
just upgraded to a Tom Tom Go Live 1535TM (previously had a TomTom XL 335).

upgraded because the previous unit charged about $70 to update the maps - don't get me started on THAT. the one thing I DID like about the older unit is that I had the option of changing the images on the start up/shut down screens from a database from the MyTomTom HOME program, which would automatically come up when I connected the unit.

not seeing this option via the new MyDrive Connect program. any help would be much appreciated.

Right click the icon in your systray (lower right), and select "Add community content". That's the way to change splash screens, add custom POI, etc.

Scroll down to "Community images on device". Once you've loaded your image to the device that way, you can select it in the Settings menu on the device for either startup or shutdown image.

Here's the one that's on MY GO 1535 Live ... from back when the voice was Susan vs. Samantha, of course.

Attachments

• Suzie.jpg
    Suzie.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 539
the older MyTomTom program already HAD images to choose from. is that no longer available?

There are a few available on the unit, but not many. When you select "Settings" / "Change start-up image", you should see what is provided on the unit. Mine came with slide05, slide10, slide22, slide38 and slide46, along with the 'stock' images.

We have lots of people creating them from all kinds of images if a custom one would be of interest to you. These new units will also handle either 24 bit BMP (the only style they could handle in the 'old days') or now also JPG images.

tried converting the image to BMP, and the image was transferred to the unit, but could not be used for some reason.

any way to delete it? any programs you could recommend that would successfully convert the image to the specifications required?

think I figured it out. any suggestions as to how to "stretch" the image so that it fits the whole screen?

You remove images with the same "Add community content" tool that you use to add them.

If I understand, you were trying to use an image from somewhere else? Were you trying to use MY image? If so, again, there is NO need to convert to BMP now. JPG works just fine. You'd have to click on my image to get the 'big' one, and save it. It should be called Suzie.jpg.

trying to use one of my own pics. found out how to convert to bmp and delete the others from the unit, just wondering if there was a way to adjust the photo so that it covers the whole screen instead of just a "box" in the middle of it.

You'll want to rescale your old images using your favorite image editing program. Your 335 screen was only 320 x 240, and that's how big the *.bmp files had to be. The 1535's screen is bigger .. 480 x 272. Rescaling won't make it any prettier, though. If you still have the source for your old image, it might be better to work with that.

Once it's on the unit, it doesn't matter what it's called. You pick from the images stored on the unit for both shutdown and startup images. Doesn't work like Nav2 (like his 335) did in this regard.

Ask a Question