running power cable/traffic receiver for 540XXL TM

We recently purchased the 540XXL TM and so far we love it.

We want to have it mounted and have a few questions about the traffic receiver. We want to mount it in a compartment in the headliner that pops down and is made to hold sunglasses. We have already tested that it gets a good GPS signal from that location. I have a question about the traffic signal though.

If I understand things correctly it gets it signal to the little round thing on the power cable. Does that have to be out, or can it be behind something. Due to the length of the cable it would probably be inside the headliner. I think it is a Radio signal.... I would think that would work OK since it is a radio signal.

Extend the power source to the headliner of your car to test the receiver there. You might be able to do it with some long alligator clips. I bet it works

If I understand things correctly it gets it signal to the little round thing on the power cable.
Yes, that's the goods, and it receives its signal on standard FM frequencies. Anything that would make it difficult to receive an FM station would make it hard for these RDS receivers to operate. I'd avoid placing it directly up against any sheetmetal in the headliner. Give it as much (pun intended) headroom as you can.

Ask a Question