Reinstall

Of what? The application?

If you connect the device to the computer, start Home and select Update my Device, what happens?

PC started to update it then it froze part way through, so now pc does not find it just says no device connected

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless your model has a dedicated reset hole.

1. Make a manual, not Home, backup of your device's contents. See here: https://www.tomtomforums.com/thread...-to-the-computer-and-how-to-restore-it.17864/

2. Connect to Home-->Manage my Device-->Items on Device-->Application and select to remove. Items on Computer-->Application, select to remove.

3. Disconnect PROPERLY from Home using the Device Disconnect icon. Shut down device. Also, shut down Home.

4. Restart device. Restart Home. connect device to computer and, in Home, Update my Device. an application should be offered. Accept and download/install.

Ask a Question