Refurbs from TigerDirect

Just received a refurb TT One 3rd ed from TigerDirect and thought others might want to know some details. It arrived last week and here's the specs:

App v7.130 (8476/070913) OS: 2311
29 MB RAM (free: 3.1 MB)
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.3026
Map: 'USA_and_Canada' v710.1575

This device was turned on & used without any updates. So, if you're wondering what the refurb at TigerDirect comes with ... now you know.

A second model will arrive next week and I'll try to post those details, as well.

Got mine a week ago and it works great -- no evidence of refurbishing. Gotta update the maps, but I'm waiting to near the end of the 30-day free period. Added Birdman's menu to access some features.

Will also be interested to see if you can get 30 day map upgrade. I have stayed away from referbs because I was of the understanding that you would not be able to get any deals on map upgrades.

I'll try next week and see what happens. Mine came with the map guarantee card in the box and a code number. Seems like I've read that the upgrade problems arose when the refurbished unit was purchased from a vendor who was not an authorized TomTom dealer. Mine had the full 12-month warranty too.

Will also be interested to see if you can get 30 day map upgrade. I have stayed away from referbs because I was of the understanding that you would not be able to get any deals on map upgrades.

I'll try next week and see what happens. Mine came with the map guarantee card in the box and a code number. Seems like I've read that the upgrade problems arose when the refurbished unit was purchased from a vendor who was not an authorized TomTom dealer. Mine had the full 12-month warranty too.

Was yours also from Tiger Direct ?

PS on Tiger - I had pre-ordered the TMC Traffic receiver long before it was released - they honored their $59.95 "pre-release' price. Too bad TomTom did not honor their advertised free for life traffic service if you purchased the receiver.

Yes, I bought it from Tigerdirect.

Was yours also from Tiger Direct ?

PS on Tiger - I had pre-ordered the TMC Traffic receiver long before it was released - they honored their $59.95 "pre-release' price. Too bad TomTom did not honor their advertised free for life traffic service if you purchased the receiver.

Second Order Arrived

The second one I ordered about 1 week later. The only change I see in the time that's gone by is the boot version. Info is below.

App: 7.130 (8476/070913) OS:2311
GPS: v1.21, boot 5.3029
MAP: usa/canada v710.1575

I just got one from them. The box didn't indicate that it was a refurb (I though there was a requirement to do so?), and it wall all packaged like a brand new unit. Works fine out of the box, and slipped a SDHC 4 gb ScanDisk card in and it appeard right away on "my compute" as a disk device.

Did a backup right away, as I will be messing with it. Then copied everything over to the to the SDHC, and it works OK with that now alos.

I got this as a gift for friends in Germany. I had checked sites there, and it is anything but a buyer;s market in Germany. I found a good deal on a 720T in the UK (since I really only wanted the European maps), but getting it shiped over here was too much of a hassle. The Tiger unit, even with having to buy the European Map separately, was a much better deal.

I would love it if the Map Guarantee could be fooled into getting me the Western European Maps, but it apparently is tied to the original installed maps. I did check out the Gurarentee on TT home, and it wants to download and install the North America 710 map (which is already on it?), and not the 720 version.

Has anyone at least checked to see what their units offer to do with the Guarantee? You can check to see what is available for 30 days, and if you don't download anything right away, you can continue to periodically check during the 30 days.

I got the free 30-day map upgrade yesterday for my refurbished TomTom One 3rd. No problem at all. Called TT support and no waiting. The nice gentleman asked me for the tiny serial number on the bottom of the TT and I was finally able to read it to him. Then I uploaded a pdf copy of my Tigerdirect invoice to him via the TT support site. He read it, confirmed I had bought it within the past 30 days, and instantly added the 7.20 map to my account. Took a while for me to backup, download and install.

I was very satisfied with TT's service. It was nice to speak with a service rep who did not have a difficult accent.

I got the free 30-day map upgrade yesterday for my refurbished TomTom One 3rd. No problem at all. Called TT support and no waiting. The nice gentleman asked me for the tiny serial number on the bottom of the TT and I was finally able to read it to him. Then I uploaded a pdf copy of my Tigerdirect invoice to him via the TT support site. He read it, confirmed I had bought it within the past 30 days, and instantly added the 7.20 map to my account. Took a while for me to backup, download and install.

I was very satisfied with TT's service. It was nice to speak with a service rep who did not have a difficult accent.

That's good to know. Thanks for the confirmation.

FWIW, I have always been very pleased and impressed with TT service as well. They have always been extremely courteous, friendly and helpful to me.

Ask a Question