Puzzled by 12.035 update

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live 1005 World
myTomTom told me today that there is an update available for my GO LIVE 1005 WORLD - version 12.035. However, when I look at the update detail, it says: "Version 12.035 (Start 20/25, Via 100, 1000 series (except Via 130/135), GO 800, 1000, 2000 series (except GO LIVE 1005/1015)" which specifically says *except* 1005. I found this confusing, as it is possible I could have downloaded and installed this upgrade without checking the details.

I emailed TomTom, but so far all I have received is a standard form reply saying "You need to install an important software update on your TomTom device now. It is mandatory to install this software to ensure your device will operate as expected."

It says nothing in reply to my query and does not address the fact that the update says "except GO LIVE 1005/1015". :confused:

I know what you are talking about; that said, I have seen posts of owners of 1005 models who did dl the application and have suffered no negative effects. I'm pretty sure at least one reported he then saw mapshares offered for his device after installing the upgrade.

There's also a possible confusion over two different GO1005 models...
There's the original GO LIVE 1005 and the GO LIVE 1005 World.
As far as TomTom are concerned, they may be totally different units, so their "except GO LIVE 1005" text maybe doesn't include the 1005 World.

But a much more likely reason is just incompetence, further compounded by their inability to answer a straightforward support question. :rant:

Still haven't gotten around to hooking up for the update, although I have a trip this weekend, so will do before then.

However, I did get a response from TomTom. Clearly a form reply, and very little to do with my query - where I was asking about the issue that the update detail excluded my model, their response started

"I understand that you were offered an application update and want to know if you have downloaded the update."

and went on to explain how to check my device for what is installed.

Makes you kind of despair, doesn't it.

I can confirm that after installing the upgrade, I am now receiving Map Share updates on the Go Live 1005 World.

Just out of curiosity, do you keep seeing the same MapShare update offered over and over again, even after you have installed it?

Answer: I don't know! :)

I connected it up to do the firmware update, and afterwards it gave me a map share update.

The following day, I noticed there was another map share update waiting, and I thought "that's quick", and wondered if these are going to trickle though continuously and be generally annoying; but as of yet, I haven't gotten around to looking at what is waiting for me this second time.

When I get a moment, I will check, and let you know.

Ask a Question