POI requests

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910, ONE V2, GO 920 GO 730 & iPad TT App
Right now there are problems Im running into making POI for business using the POI program.
Another member on the forum is also running into the same problem.

Here's what Im finding:
  • Not a complete search of the query. - It gives me low search results
  • It will not save my search to a .ov2 file. I tried saving it to another file but it will not open with POIedit. Even if I can convert the file, the search results will still not be full
  • The older version of the program does give me the proper results and I can save the file, but it doesn't have the option for me to do nationwide POIs.

I contact the program writer. I don't want to make any POIs using this software until it's fixed.
I apologize again.
Please give me your opnions and thoughts.

Hi Pedro,

First I want to say thank you again for all the hard work you put into creating these files. My opinion is that personally, I would rather wait until the program is working again and get a full list than have a partial list right now. But that's just me. :)

Yeah...after making the POI for NH covered bridges I can see how much time and effort you put into this. GREATLY appreciated Pedro.

Pedro, I also want to thank you for all of the hard work that you put into all of the POIs. This is one of the reason I have gotten so many of my friends and coworkers to buy TOMTOMs. You do what you think is best.

Thanks Gator,
This is one of the reasons why I would pick TomTom over another brand. I like to be able to modiy the unit (menus, pois, images, etc). I can have it set to my preferences of choice.

I have a newly updated Target Stores (US) POI, complete with phone numbers, and one for Caribou Coffee (that includes phone numbers and notations for WIFI and Drive Thrus).

Who do I give these to so they can be shared?

you can send it to me if you would like via email.
Also, what areas does this cover so I can input the information on the revision notes.

POI Formats

Hi there,

I found this great link with a TON of POI's for all sorts of locations. The only problem is they are not in .ov2 format. They are mostly in .csv format. I tried searching for some converters (software and online) but I got nothing. Can anyone offer any suggestions. Thanks a ton!

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56474

Hi there,

I found this great link with a TON of POI's for all sorts of locations. The only problem is they are not in .ov2 format. They are mostly in .csv format. I tried searching for some converters (software and online) but I got nothing. Can anyone offer any suggestions. Thanks a ton!

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56474

You can use POIEdit2007. Open the file and then resave it as a .ov2

That worked great thank you. I didn't realize POIEdit was shareware

Ask a Question