POI Icons

TomTom Model(s)
930T and XXL
I constructed the icons for various POI groups. 22 x 22 bmp. but when they appear on tomtom they are just red squares. What am I doing incorrectly?

Last edited:
I had similar problems. They resolution is too high. You can check but right clicking the picture, then properties and select the summary tab on top. You will see that the resolution(vertical & horizontal) is high for example 96 dpi. This should be lower like 71 dpi. You will need a photo program to resize the resolution. When you want to make sure it's visible, open tt home and select "My Go X10". Switch on the device via flash and select perference then enable/disable POIs. Go down the list and make sure the picture is visible and not the red square.

Your red square problem

I constructed the icons for various POI groups. 22 x 22 bmp. but when they appear on tomtom they are just red squares. What am I doing incorrectly?

Look closely it's probaly a little mistake make sure that the 2 files that make a poi have the same wording both bmp and OV2 file have the same exact name am I clear? look at the 2 pois I have sent you so you get the idea.
See the Costco ? Both are the same . look at Best Buy.....
see any thing different? they are not the same !!!! They both have to be exactly the same! Let me know if you got it and have fixed your problem!
Or send me the Poi files you have and I'll send it back fixed!
George

Attachments

• Costco.zip
    655 bytes · Views: 479
  • Best_Buy.zip
    28.3 KB · Views: 472
Here is the file I am working with. I tried the suggestions from both posts and solved the first problem. It was too high resolution and the name different. This one I think is to those parameters but I am missing something.

Attachments

• toyota.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Toyota Poi

Here is the file I am working with. I tried the suggestions from both posts and solved the first problem. It was too high resolution and the name different. This one I think is to those parameters but I am missing something.

Here is your Toyota Poi !
Regards,
George

Attachments

• Toyota.zip
    903 bytes · Views: 418
Thanks for the corrected file. What was incorrect? It works perfectly btw.

Ask a Question