Poi 720/920

Is there a way to receive the 920 POI's on the 720 model?

I've looked into it and I don't think there's a good solution. I called TT this week and let them know what I had found out. I had a 910 which has the same maps as the 920. The POI file in those maps is almost 300 MB. The one of the 720 is less than 100. That's why we're missing things like Churches, and retail stores. I asked them about used the 910 POI files on my 720 and they said it should work but what I found is that when I started using it mapshare updates stopped. So I've decided not to do this.

At this point in time I see only two options.

One build your own. Two when you upgrade maps, but a 4 GB SDHC card, adn then buy the 900 series NA maps.
Not sure if we'll be able to do that through the maps store online. I'm seriously considering returning my 720 and getting the 920 via costco, but I don't see it for sale there anymore.

All in all a big disappointment regarding POIs.

Costco is currently out of stock. In addition the $100 promo. from TomTom is over so I am guessing that Costco's price will be no longer be the great deal that it was before X-mas when they get some back in stock.

Costco is currently out of stock. In addition the $100 promo. from TomTom is over so I am guessing that Costco's price will be no longer be the great deal that it was before X-mas when they get some back in stock.

That kinda seems to be what I'm seeing. Pricing have gone back up. My only hope new is that the next release of maps will be better with respect to POIs.

There was some talk that the 720 was rushed out. It seems the maps for it were too. There is plenty of memory that they could have done a better job with the POIs. Hopefully they will now.

Ask a Question