ONE vs 910

Who has both? Which do you like better? Why? Is it worth trading in my ONE for a 910? Does the 910 Hard drive make any noise? Do you think it's stable enough? I would worry about an accidental drop....

I'm just curios if I should upgrade or if I have the better device already.

Your thoughts and comments please?
Thanks

Hi battom,

I have both right now, along with a Nuvi 660. Trying to decide which one(s) to keep. Since you asked specifically about the ONE vs 910, I'll leave out my thoughts on the Nuvi. I also won't go over the features of each, as I'm sure you are aware of the differences in the units.

The best thing about the ONE for me is its size. Truly portable. I am a road warrior and am on a plane weekly, traveling across the US to different cities. Size matters to me. The 910 could be portable, it's just not AS portable as the ONE (or Nuvi, for that matter.)

The thing I would miss the most from the 910 is the text-to-speech functionality. I'm surprised by how much I like this feature. Plus, the audio quality of the 910 with TTS is amazing.

I don't really use the mp3 functionality, that's not at all important to me. I use this device mainly in rental cars getting from the airport to the hotel to the customer's site and back.

If I had to choose today, right now, it would easily be the ONE. I do believe the 910 is the better unit, only because of all the features you get. But what's most important to ME is size and accuracy of map data. The maps are the same (or at least should be once my upgrades arrive!)

But I just can't seem to send the 910 back... that dang TTS is so awesome, and I really DO like the hands-free calling.

While not critical to me, some might consider the European maps not installed on the ONE to be a deal-breaker. I never travel to Europe.

I hope this helps you. It all boils down to what's important to YOU. They are both excellent devices. At the end of my 30 days, I may end up keeping both. The 910 as a more permanent solution in my car, and the ONE as my travel companion. :)

Good luck with your decision! Let me know which way you go..

This is based on the user's preferences. Many would like mp3 function, text to speech or hands free. The ONE size is great which is a plus.

I don't even know if I want Test-to_speech, but I'd like to try it to see if I would. Other than that, I could care less about mp3's I have my audioplex stero in my car.... With my burn software I can fit about 200 songs on a CD and 6 CDs in the car... I can drive across the country and back without swapping out a single CD.

So TTS would be nice... and yeah the small form factor is definately a huge plus for me.

Maybe the question should have been the TT ONE vs the Nuvi 350??? :)

The text-to-speech is really very helpful. Since it pronounces the name of the street you are to turn on, you can keep your eyes on the road looking for that street name, instead of down at the map.

You are right, the Nuvi 350 has this feature and is very similar in size. The 350 does not have bluetooth, though. So if that's important to you, step up to the Nuvi 360 or even the widescreen 660!

One other thing I forgot to mention that I'm liking more and more is the remote included in the 910. I wish it was an accessory available for the ONE!

I would think it's just something to loose while driving in the car... a distraction from the road. If you are too far away to use the touch screen then you are probably to far away to really see the screen.

You do have a point. But the remote comes with a holder with a sticky pad on the back so you can mount it somewhere in your car. It's so much quicker to navigate with the remote (of course I'm stopped when doing so... ;)

Ok, for anyone who cares I decided to return the 910 and keep the ONE. I love both units, I truly do. But the ONE's size along with the fact that I was able to install the new North America maps onto the ONE outweighed any advantages the 910 could provide me with. Please note, this is a PERSONAL choice, and I'm not saying one is better than the other. What I am saying is the ONE was a better fit for ME.

Things I loved about the 910:

TTS is amazing! I'm really going to miss this.
The remote is quite useful.
The hands-free capability, I'm going to really miss this, too.

But in the end, I couldn't afford to keep both and the ONE's size was too much of a plus in my book, since I travel weekly to a different state. That and the fact that I was able to put the exact same maps on my ONE that are found on the 910, made it an easier decision for me.

Off to AZ this week! Next week... ID. :)

yeah, size was the biggest factor (mostly the slim depth). I like the idea of a portable nav but lugging a mini mini tv around isn't my idea of portable. The slim design works best for me (that and it's Cdn$200 cheaper). Sure I'd like TTS and quickfix (which is now available) but like fanche said, to me the design and compactness outweighs other factors.

Funny, the more you travel on a plane and have to pack, the more size (or lack thereof) becomes so important. I am thrilled with the ONE with the NA maps.

I happy with the size of my 910. I everything fits in my TT bag including my Ipod and PDA. The widescreen is a plus, including the auto dim mode with out using any software for this. TTS is a plus; I never use any third party voices because they don't compare.

The size of the ONE is nice. Glad to hear that the new map DVDs include the North America map so ONE users can update their maps with that.

I happy with the size of my 910. I everything fits in my TT bag including my Ipod and PDA. The widescreen is a plus, including the auto dim mode with out using any software for this. TTS is a plus; I never use any third party voices because they don't compare.

The size of the ONE is nice. Glad to hear that the new map DVDs include the North America map so ONE users can update their maps with that.
I forgot about the auto-dim.

Works well in dimmly lit places (e.g. tree lined road where the canopy covers the road). It's just odd that my car automatically dims the interior lights (if my headlights were already on) and yet my TT stays bright in Day mode.

Well it seems you are getting quality products if you go with either the ONE or 910. If you aren't too technically inclined and just want something simple, its seems that the ONE is definitely the way to go. I am thinking about purchasing the ONE soon as I'm going to be on the road a lot soon and esp. with the free map updgrade promo that is going to give me the most up to date, quality maps, it's a win-win situation in my book.

I agree, you can't go wrong with either unit. I can't stress enough how much I loved the text-to-speech of the 910. I also really really enjoyed the hands-free speakerphone.

But the ONE's size is a better fit for me, personally.

Ask a Question