One in a dub

well, I got this tomtom one the other day and I had a few pics I was gonna show, but looks like my post count isn't high enough

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

You can upload the pics to an image host and post an image link here on the forums.

and finaly the pics:

6-10-04013.jpg

6-10-04016-1.jpg

6-10-04018.jpg

6-10-04019.jpg

I got this the other day, I spent a few min modding the voices and splash screen to make it suit my tastes better

and just now I made a quick and dirty car mount for it between classes

IS THAT A VENT MOUNT FOR THE ONE??

Sorry, got excited there for a second.

yes, and no

its a vent mount, but not a production one

I has a proclip vent mount on order to mount it to, but I decided that I didn't like how the proclip mounted it directly over the volume control of the radio and limited my acess to the volume knob

instead ofusing the proclip mount I made my own vent solution that would fit my needs better (although it may not look like it the mount is fixed very securely and willnot move)

I don't think a standard clip into the vent mount would work well considering the one is relativly heavy

yes, and no

its a vent mount, but not a production one

I has a proclip vent mount on order to mount it to, but I decided that I didn't like how the proclip mounted it directly over the volume control of the radio and limited my acess to the volume knob

instead ofusing the proclip mount I made my own vent solution that would fit my needs better (although it may not look like it the mount is fixed very securely and willnot move)

I don't think a standard clip into the vent mount would work well considering the one is relativly heavy

I could tell the device mount was from Proclip as I have a similar one but without the charger (I also noticed you removed the Proclip and Brodit stickers :D).

Would you be able to take a picture of how the device mount for the ONE is mounted to the car? I would be really interested.

I could tell the device mount was from Proclip as I have a similar one but without the charger (I also noticed you removed the Proclip and Brodit stickers :D).

yeah it is, I'd strongly recomend it too

I got one of the hardwired mounts for my car and one for my mom's car too
(I got her a One too)
they are $$ but they make using the device soo much easier

I'll try to take some pics, but by the time I'm home from class it will be to late

basicaly the vent was removed, shaved down to create a flat mounting surface under the proclip base, the vertical fins behind the proclip base were removed along with the adjustment mechanism for that section

a wooden blank was made to fit behind where the proclip mounting points are
it was paints black to be less visable

the proclip mount was noched at the bottom to pass the cord thru it, as was the wooden backing plate.
the proclip mount was counter sunk to better hide the screws

the mount was bolted thru the vent to the backing plate

the vent was then secured from rotational movement via screws mounted verticaly thru the dash vent frame into the wooden backing plate

end result: the mount is on there securly, I can still use the radio just as before, and all vent functions still work save the 1"x2" section now occupied by the mount base

Awesome!
I would also like to some some pictures of the car mount you made! maybe with more detail information for us newbies :D

VW's are for.........._______________!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I LOVE YOUR SETUP Vreil!!!!!!!! That is precisely what I would like to do, unfortunately the 910 has the mega mount and it is not a tidy install to keep the power to it.

What type of VW you have? I love mine!!!!

I also love your splash screen and what you did with your VW symbol on the steering wheel...how did you do that?

I LOVE YOUR SETUP Vreil!!!!!!!! That is precisely what I would like to do, unfortunately the 910 has the mega mount and it is not a tidy install to keep the power to it.

thats the reason I didn't choose the 910 :(

bluetooth sure would be nice, but I'll opt for a nice mount instead

What type of VW you have? I love mine!!!!

mk3 jetta VR6

6-10-04008-1.jpg

the splash screen I got from a link off this forum, and the steering wheel is a modded american flag sticker

If I saw that car coming behind me, I would change lanes right away...talk about intimidation. LOL

Nice pic of the car.

thanks, I'd like to think it lives up to the impression it gives;)

anyway heres some deatil pics for those who wanted to see

6-10-04033-2.jpg

6-10-04035.jpg

like I said before its not my best work, but I'm pretty happy with it

Ask a Question