New Members and stopping spammers

TomTom Model(s)
GO920T
I help admin several other vBulletin sites sites so I'd like to offer some advice on stopping the spammers.
  • Turn on the "Verify Email address in Registration" option. This will keep the spammers from posting unless they give a valid address. You can also add legalese to the verification message that they will pay $10,000 for each spam sent. True you have to find them but at least they have agreed to NOT SPAM and they will PAY if they do. This will standup in court.
  • Turn on the "Moderate New Members" option until they have posted at least a couple of times. This will allow one to "gauge" there intentions before you let them run free on posting.
Although these are a little inconvenient it will almost 100% kill the spamming problem.

I implore the administors of this site to enable the anti-spam ability of vBulletin I listed at the top of this thread. The spamming is getting worse and that's about the only thing that will stop it. I've been through this and it will help stop it.

My monthly post.

Let's slow down the spammers. Please turn on at lease e-mail verification.

It will help since the spammer will have to verify before posting.

I can' understand why it's not turned on.

Moderation would also be good for new users.

is that a joke?

No. Spammers are getting into this board. If you see obvious spam messages in any of the forums, do this: send a private message to Pedro2NR, subject line 'spam' and contents simply the username of the spammer.

No. Spammers are getting into this board. If you see obvious spam messages in any of the forums, do this: send a private message to Pedro2NR, subject line 'spam' and contents simply the username of the spammer.

Or just click on the little "Report Post" Triangle, at the bottom of the poster's block.

Seems to be a Lot of "WoW Gold" spam, lately.

R?

Or just click on the little "Report Post" Triangle, at the bottom of the poster's block.

Seems to be a Lot of "WoW Gold" spam, lately.

R?

Except when the poster spams 6 or more forums in a shot. Then faster just to let Pedo deal with it.:eek:

Ask a Question