TomTom Model(s)
One 2? Edition
Hello boys..

I'm registered few minutes ago...

Compliments for the site, it's very complete!!

Sorry for my english, but I live in Italy (Rome) and this registration could be an occasion to improve it! :D

Last edited:
Benvenuto Stab!

You'll get lots of good info here. I'm going to Italy this summer and hope to improve my Italian while there. How does your TomTom work for the roads around Rome. My main reason for getting my Go920 was for travelling in Europe so I'm hoping your's works well.

Welcome to the boards!

Benvenuto Stab!

You'll get lots of good info here. I'm going to Italy this summer and hope to improve my Italian while there. How does your TomTom work for the roads around Rome. My main reason for getting my Go920 was for travelling in Europe so I'm hoping your's works well.

Yes it works very well!!;)

Besides here we have maybe the greatest GPS site (576.565 members now:eek: ): www.poigps.com has over 500 POI categories...Especially autovelox are very perfect, better of tomtom's autovelox...;)

Hey Stab, Welcome to the Forums!! Although I'm in Germany, I visit this site regularly for the good info and assistance if needed.

Continental Drifter, apart from all the complaints about the accuracies/inaccuracies of the North American maps V715, In my travels so far I found that the European Maps V715 are pretty accurate atleast for Germany. I've taken 3 trips (Destination from house to house) and the 920T was off by 1 house on one ocassion and spot on for the other 2 destinations. I have not tested its accuracies for navigating to POI's, but this coming weekend I'll test it. I would imagine the 920T to be just as accurate in Italy.

Stab and TTravler;

Thanks for the feedback. It's good to know that your TomTom's work well there.

It's even more important to have accurate directions when one is travelling in foreign countries. There are already enough difficulties for me with language. Especially in Italy.

Thankfully, I have found that people are almost always willing to try to help you even if they can't understand you.

I don't have as many problems when visiting Germany. I was born there and still speak the language fairly well (don't ask me to write anything though). That doesn't help much on the Autobahn at 160 km/h so I'm really glad to have TomTom along!:)

Drifter

If you plan to come to Italy let me know I'll give you some good pois!

Touring,Eating,monuments.Sites to see.and ofcourse police hideouts and cameras,
welcome to the Forum

Ciao Giorgio

Hi Giorgio57;

Thanks very much. That would be great! We're going to be in Italy for two weeks in July. One week around Lago del Garda and then a week further south. Hope to take in the Jazz festival in Perugia. How can I get POI's from you?

Ciao
Mike

Ask a Question