TomTom Model(s)
ONE 3rd Edition-1GB
Hi there everyone and thanks for letting me join. Hoping to find out all things about this Tom Tom I was given. Not a new one, but new to me and thankful for it. I'm trying to figure this thing out. I wasn't given the computer cord, manual or anything else and trying to update. Looks like it might use my Verizon MiFi cord.

Any and all help appreciated. I know I have to go Tom Tom and download Home onto my computer. Don't know what version to use. I have a Dell w/ Win7.
Thanks

You should see the serial number of the unit on the bottom on a silver label. Put the first 2 characters in this link to see what version you have

Manuals are downloadable from the TomTom website here:
TomTom Manuals

(The Which TomTom device do I have? link on that page is the same as the one dhn gave above.

As for Home, try this link: How to install HOME

There isn't a section for Win7, so try the Vista link.
The Home program itself is the same for all Windows versions, it's just the instructions to install it that might differ.

You should see the serial number of the unit on the bottom on a silver label. Put the first 2 characters in this link to see what version you have

I did that and nothing comes up with characters. It does say on the other side "TomTom one, 3rd edition. I also watched the video, and I was inputting the correct digits. Thanks

Manuals are downloadable from the TomTom website here:
TomTom Manuals

(The Which TomTom device do I have? link on that page is the same as the one dhn gave above.

As for Home, try this link: How to install HOME

There isn't a section for Win7, so try the Vista link.
The Home program itself is the same for all Windows versions, it's just the instructions to install it that might differ.

Decided to check Google for my windows (Win7-64 bit) and found this:

Here is the "work around" to upload the TomTom HOME software on the Windows based 64 bit operating systems.
It is VERY IMPORTANT a person do the steps in the EXACT sequence shown here, otherwise the program will not work properly.
1st = Make sure all TomTom applications / programs have been removed from the computer and that you Restart the computer after the programs have been removed.
2nd = After the computer restarts, turn off ALL programs and applications.
3rd = Download / SAVE (Do NOT RUN) the appropriate TomTom Home Application to your desktop.
4th = Right click on the TomTom Home Application on your desktop and select "Run As Administrator." This will launch the program and start the install process.
5th = When the box displays where your program will be saved on your computer, change the url address to:
c:\progra~2\tomtomhome

(Make sure you spell the URL exactly as it appears here)
Then continue the application / installation process as you normally would.

So this problem fixed. thanks for getting me thinking :)

as to the serial # is it too old a unit. It starts Y23 and nothing shows up?

I did plug it in to car and it worked, told me I was at my address :)
Thanks
Val

Did you just enter "Y2" into box for the "What device do I have?"

I just tried it and it returned with
ONE 3rd Edition - 1GB

I tried both the US and UK sites and both came back with the same result.

Did you just enter "Y2" into box for the "What device do I have?"

I just tried it and it returned with
ONE 3rd Edition - 1GB
I tried both the US and UK sites and both came back with the same result.

OK, I did get that to, but didn't know if that was a version. I thought I also listed that in some of my previous emails. I was fooling around with the device last night, managed to charge with my cell phone charger and got my address listed. I hit some button and all kinds of info showed up. So I'm going to try and read up on it with a manual I find on the web, or are there any on this site.
Thanks for help, you are great :):thumb:

Success, have backed up and updated using my older laptop with XP. Had some trouble but everything ok now. I have one problem, I linked everything to my email address, and when maps, directions, etc was updating I notice I had @yahoo as ayhoo. Can I correct this, and if so where, so I get offers, etc. Thanks so much Val

CS can change the email address associated with your unit. The number is 866-486-6866.

Ask a Question